PDA

View Full Version : Radio's new (used) bike.

Radio
09-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I don't usually go to yard sales.

I was mulling around on the internet, checking up on ORR.net and FB, when my Sweet Wife called from a yard sale a bit down the road. Seems she had locked her keys in the van. :whistle: Ooops.

So I put on some shoes and putter of to rescue Sweet Wife. :kiss:

On arrival decided since I'm here, might as well look around a bit. And there was a mint condition Schwinn 10 speed bike. Only $30. Road around on it and decided to take it home.

Now I have to figure out how to haul it with/on/in the camper.

Suggestions?

W5DOK
09-25-2011, 07:03 AM
If you have a rear spare tire, there is a bike carrier that mounts to the lug nuts on the spare tire. Also a mount that attaches to the rv rear bumper. Or just wipe off the tires and park it in the hallway of the rv. However, you will still be working your legs to death just to give your butt a ride.:D

KE5ZRT
09-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Great ideas, and also a great bike! My wife and I are purchasing a tandem road/tourning bicycle soon and we have a Mitsubishi Eclipse sports car. I don't think there's any good way to haul a tandem bike in a sports car. I think I'll have to build a custom (small) trailer.

Anyhow, cool find.

Radio
09-26-2011, 07:37 PM
However, you will still be working your legs to death just to give your butt a ride.:D

Yes but my butt will coast downhill a lot. :cool:

TXiceman
09-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Have fun riding...

Here is what I ride. Beats the heck out of the Butt and sore hands on a diamond frame.
http://www.catrike.com/catrike_villager.html

Ken