PDA

View Full Version : Engineering Flow Chart

Radio
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Engineering is just not all that difficult once you understand the basics of how things work.

Andy N1ORK
11-14-2011, 04:38 PM
The two most important tools in the work shop!

wa8yxm
11-15-2011, 10:11 AM
I saw that elsewhere and someone said that WD-40 is a cleaner not a lube (Which is somethign I normally say) however in this case you need to use WD-40 to free up the stuck whatever (Clean out what is sticking it) THEN use 3-in-1 oil to keep it moving.

Just so you know how to answer folks who knee jerk the "Cleaner" line without thinking.

TXiceman
11-15-2011, 12:37 PM
You also need some ty-wraps on some things to hold them up.....

Ken

W9WLS
11-15-2011, 03:37 PM
WD-40 works well on "CARBON-COMP. POTS" , gets all that nasty black stuff out !
At least that's what I usually tell the locale "good-buddy's" when they ask me if I can tell them how to tweek their "AMP-LA-HOG'S" and radio's , they usually don't ask again, wonder why ?

Radio
11-15-2011, 04:44 PM
I saw that elsewhere and someone said that WD-40 is a cleaner not a lube .... Just so you know how to answer folks who knee jerk the "Cleaner" line without thinking.

It is neither a cleaner nor a lubricant. It is a Water Displacer, perfected in it's 40th formulation, originally intended for the aerospace industry.

It does however, have more than 2000 official uses, amongst which are cleaning and lubricating. :whistle:

The official WD-40 history page: http://www.wd40.com/about-us/history/

I like to spray it into car door locks when a hard freeze is expected. It displaces any moisture so the locks don't freeze and ensures entry into the vehicle. :cold:

Radio
11-15-2011, 04:59 PM
And just when you thought life on Open Roads Radio couldn't get any better, we now have :wd40: and some :tape: in the smiley catalog!!

WD8QBQ
11-15-2011, 06:03 PM
And just when you thought life on Open Roads Radio couldn't get any better, we now have :wd40: and some :tape: in the smiley catalog!!

Add Hypoallergenic Unscented Baby wipes.

:worthy:

KC1BUD
11-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Extremely useful information Wade, for years I used Duct tape to cover a hole punched into the back cap of my 1986 Champion. In fact I sold it that way. Something about backing a horse trailer busy watching the back of the trailer and not watching my back end of the Champ in tight quarters. Building reached out and slapped me awake.

wa8yxm
11-17-2011, 10:54 AM
I like to spray it into car door locks when a hard freeze is expected. It displaces any moisture so the locks don't freeze and ensures entry into the vehicle. :cold:

Hard Freeze? What's a Hard Freeze?

You now there are 3 ways to winterize a motor home or trailer.

1: Wet method... Pump pink stuff through all the lines.. (Expensive even at a buck fifty a gallon)

2: Dry method.. Air in the lines, and pink in the traps and toilets (Way less expensive)

3; S method. (Strap a snow blower to the front of the rig and turn it so the compass says "S". then drive till someone looks at the slow blower, scratches his head and says "What the )_)(@#$@ IS that for?"

Find parking.

Where I'm parked "Hard Freeze" requires refrigerant.

TXiceman
11-18-2011, 07:12 AM
We met one couple that said they listened to the weather...anytime, it was prediced to be clsoe to freezing they hitched up and went south until they ran out of the USA...nd stopped there. They moved back north using the reverse method. We met them in the spring in East Texas, waiting for warmer weather again.