PDA

View Full Version : Air bag antenna support

W9WLS
11-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Here is a new wrinkle on getting an antenna up (sort of ), might be interesting to put one of these up in a campground.

http://www.ltaprojects.com/air-inflatable-towers.html

wa8yxm
11-26-2011, 10:13 AM
New Wrinkle... I read about inflatable towers back when I was in High School. as I recall. (or college) that would have been the Viet Nam era.

Designed for Military use.. You could blow 'em up and take 'em down very swiftly.

W9WLS
11-26-2011, 11:16 AM
New Wrinkle... I read about inflatable towers back when I was in High School. as I recall. (or college) that would have been the Viet Nam era.

Designed for Military use.. You could blow 'em up and take 'em down very swiftly.
That was the reason for the "SORT OF", there was a signal site at Dak-TO fire base that had one of these for a while (the MIL version) , "CHARLIE" kept punching holes in it so it wasn't used very much.

This is the first time I've stumbled across one marketed directly towards the civilian buyers .

wa8yxm
11-27-2011, 12:19 PM
I can see where the tower "Getting religion" (Becoming hole-y) would be a problem.

Still.. I'd not mind haveing a surplus one or two...Since I have no car to tow I could drag the trailer behind the class A and hook up ye-old huffer puffer and up goes an antenna.