PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 on this Forum

WB4VYH
12-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Anybody using an iPhone 4 on this forum. It appears an app is in order to provide a more readable screen on the iPhone! Anybody doing it?

Al

One Country Boy
12-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Wish I could help you Al but I'm using the Motorola Droid X. Not sure I understand, will your browser not connect to the ORR Forum site?

KF5BET
12-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Have the 3g. Sorry cant help...

WB4VYH
12-09-2011, 08:12 PM
It connects just fine, however, the formatting is not optimum for the iPhone. To read the post I have to enlarge the iPhone screen then it becomes necessary to scroll the display around to read the post. It all becomes rather trying.

Some forums I frequent don't have this issue. It appears the forum pages automatically re-format to faciltate the iPhone. I don't recall doing anything special when I signed up on those forums....However....Being somewhat impaired regarding iPhone technology, who knows what I did or did not do!!!! ;-0

Just thought I'd ask!

motorcycle jack
12-11-2011, 07:38 AM
I think it has more to do with the java script of the site. Some forum software is more intuitively done than others. I've notice that on my iphone, sometimes I turn it side ways to read the screen.

One Country Boy
12-11-2011, 10:43 AM
I have the identical problem with the Droid. Some format automatically, others do not.