PDA

View Full Version : West Coast VA Hospital Net

radiow6lar
03-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Gentlemen, if you have the time your invited to check into the Jerry Pettis Veterans Administration Hospital Amateur Radio Club HF nets on Tuesday and Wednesday from 0900 hrs to 1100 hrs local on 14.271 Mhz. There is also a 40M net on Tuesday at 1200 to 1300 local 7282 +- .

The hospital is locate in Loma Linda California and the club at this time is comprised of about 15 members. We'd love to have you stop by and say hello. We are fairly new and are working to bring access to the station to Veterans who are radio amateurs and are at the hospital. We are also working with the hospital staff and their emergency services. The club station also participates in weekly SHARES nets on HF. Many of our members have become full time volunteers at the hospital. With support form the hospital we have new equipment and just installed a small tower on the roof w/tribander and some wire antennas.

We hope to hear form you all soon. :welcome:

Best 73
Larry Anderson, W6LAR
JPVAARC Tech Advisor.

PS: Tell them I sent you! :radio:

Radio
03-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Larry,

Tell them they are more than welcome here on ORR.net. :welcome:

radiow6lar
03-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Wade, I'll pass it on!;)

Oldmax
03-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Would if I had HF up and runing . Our Local VA hosp has a 2 mtr repeater. It belongs to a local Ham. They let him use space as it can be used in emergency.:radio: