PDA

View Full Version : HSMM Mesh

TXiceman
03-27-2012, 09:08 PM
http://hsmm-mesh.org/

Anyone here working with HSMM Mesh. We had a presentation by some of The Austin Texas Radio Club a couple weeks ago. Looks really interesting and some of the local hams are talking about a Mesh network for field day.

Ken

One Country Boy
03-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Had never heard of it Ken. That's amazing. Wonder what they will think of next?

NN5I
04-01-2012, 12:39 PM
Interesting. I have several WRT54G and WRT54GS routers on hand. If I can figure out how to load this firmware into a router that's running DD-WRT and not the original Linksys firmware, I'll likely play with this. DD-WRT is a different non-Linksys firmware, but I think DD-WRT can reload original Linksys over itself, so it may not be a problem.

NN5I
04-15-2012, 08:04 PM
Just loaded HSMM-MESH on one of my WRT54G routers. Comes up OK, but there's no other user near me, so it isn't very useful at the moment.

TXiceman
04-17-2012, 08:01 PM
You need to promote some other users in your area.....club.

Ken

NN5I
04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
You need to promote some other users in your area.....club.

Ken

Well, I dunno where, if anywhere, I'll settle. Rains too much here in Portland. Maybe I'll settle in central Florida, or maybe in Dallas. But it'll be a while. Going to Dayton in May, South Carolina in early June, North Carolina in late June. Alas, in retirement I've become a trailer bum.

TXiceman
04-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Austin (Texas) radio club has a pretty big HSMM network set up there. You might check and see if they can tell you about others.

Ken