PDA

View Full Version : Having to rough it thie weekend

N7OQ
12-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Well as I sit here typing on the forum I thought I would share how I'm roughing it this weekend. Last night we checked into a Hotel in Fort Bragg, CA and this morning I'm sitting here watching from my room the waves break on shore. This is real rough. I sure do love Hotels with internet connections and views of the ocean. We will be heading for a drive to Mendocino and to some of our favorite beaches. The only radio I brought was my HT so will fire it up soon and see who I can reach.

Hope everyone it having a great weekend. 73

jagco
12-15-2007, 12:26 PM
While I am sitting home with a winter storm warning in effect............

WA6IRQ
12-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Bill,
Greetings from Page Az where I have been working on a project for the last 4 weeks.

While I do not have the ocean outside my window, I do have Lake Powell and all of the great desert views of the Bryce canyon and all of the Mesa's.

The high today will reach 31.. I am missing So Cal but the customer and the views are wonderful.

I did not bring the OB since I knew it was going to get real cold and the company was happy enough to pay for a great hotel.....

Brought all of the HF gear and even bolted on a HF antenna on the rental car....if Hertz only knew !!!!!

anyway not much radio actionaround here on 2m or 440....

Anyway enjoy the trip dowm the coast. Have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year

Wes
WA6IRQ

W6DCS
12-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Now that is roughing it. :eek:

N7OQ
12-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Bill,
Greetings from Page Az where I have been working on a project for the last 4 weeks.

While I do not have the ocean outside my window, I do have Lake Powell and all of the great desert views of the Bryce canyon and all of the Mesa's.

The high today will reach 31.. I am missing So Cal but the customer and the views are wonderful.

I did not bring the OB since I knew it was going to get real cold and the company was happy enough to pay for a great hotel.....

Brought all of the HF gear and even bolted on a HF antenna on the rental car....if Hertz only knew !!!!!

anyway not much radio actionaround here on 2m or 440....

Anyway enjoy the trip dowm the coast. Have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year

Wes
WA6IRQ

Hi Wes good to see you here been awhile sense we talked. Sounds like you are in a great place too and a great time of the year to be there, can get really hot in the summer. We really needed a weekend at a place like this, I have been spending all my weekends painting the house and replacing the floors so a little R&R was needed. We got in some shopping today and got to see a lot of coast line and now in the room enjoying the view from here in the warmth. Have a really great Christmas and New Year!

wa8yxm
12-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Bill,

WA6IRQ

Well IRQ, Are you moving to Page or just there for the month? I rather enjoied Page when I was there, Got a Dam good meal at the Dam Site In, was close enough to visit the Grand Canyon, (Twice) and totaly enjoied the town. Visited one of the attractions on Navajo land (Antelope Slot Canyon) and it is on my "Revisit" list for sure.

WA6IRQ
12-17-2007, 07:29 PM
No intention of moving there at this time but it is a wonderful place to want to come back to for some camping and boating.
I but I did make some new friends and I am sure that I will be back. Have been eating at the DAM bar and Grill... good food for sure
73's