PDA

View Full Version : Political Ads on ORR.net

Radio
09-28-2012, 04:07 PM
I have noticed, beginning today, the appearance of political ads on ORR.net placed here by Google Ads.

I have set the ad filters to avoid such ads, and personal ads/dating sites, and other garbage, but it seems Google Ads has changed the rules or at least changed the filters.

Perhaps you haven't seen the ads that I have seen, since Google tracks your (our) Internet usage to select ads of personal interest to each user. I have seen no ads for "the other side" just "my guys" but that is beside the point.

I do not want political ads on ORR.net since someone may think the site endorses a particular candidate or point of view. ORR.net does not.

If you see political, or for that matter, other goofy ads, on ORR.net, please be advised that control of ads is on the broadest, general terms, and the admin can not be held responsible for the appearance of specific ads.

Please PM me if this gets out of hand. When I have time I'll look at the filters again, but getting rid of Google Ads requires major ripping out of code.

Thank you for your understanding. (I may be the only one on here who is truly peeved by this.

TXiceman
09-29-2012, 01:14 PM
I am using Firefox and Adblock Plus and I do not see any ads ...

Ken

KF5BET
09-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I am using Firefox as well. I am seeing ads for large format plotters at the moment since that is what I have been doing research on....

Haven't notice political ads yet. Will keep an eye out for them and let you know.