PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of squirrels in the attic.

Radio
10-22-2012, 04:49 PM
Had an issue with squirrels causing damage to the siding of the house and generally causing an overhead ruckus at all hours of the night.

Got me a radio and tuned it to the local hip-hop station. Tossed it up in the attic. Went camping for 4 days. Came home and found squirrels out in the yard.

Two shotgun shells later, no problem.

Some folks had rather die than listen to hip-hop.

Had a wonderful time on our trip, by the way...:beer:

NN5I
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Sounds like squirrels in the attic to me, sho 'nuff.

W5DOK
10-23-2012, 06:39 AM
Had trouble with squirrels in the attic and other places for years. DW refused to let me shoot the little tree rats. She thinks they are cute and after all, I can put steel wool in all the little rats holes and maybe keep them out for awhile. DW went to visit the grandkids for a few days. Several shotgun shells, a little cleanup and I haven't been bothered with the varmints since. Amazing how fast they get educated. BTW, Wade, glad you had a good trip.
Doc

NN5I
10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Actually, getting rid of them is easy. Scatter some D-Con rat poison around in the attic; they'll eat it, get thirsty and go elsewhere for water, then die.

Staying rid of them is a bit more difficult, but finding and closing their routes of entry usually does the trick. Hardware cloth works well for this.

wa8yxm
10-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I like the idea of a 'organic" soultion better than decon. but the best response in this thread to date was. NN5I's That was classic!!!