PDA

View Full Version : Total Knee Replacement

W5DOK
01-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Well, it's been 3 weeks since I had a total knee replacement on my left knee. Patience is a virtue that I don't possess. One day after surgery, I was up walking. Three days later, they sent me home with pain and torture (physical therapy) scheduled for 3 days a week. Now I'm up, mobile with a cane and able to drive anywhere. My surgeon told me that I could do anything that I could stand. I've been told that it takes months to recover from this, but it's worth it. I'm ready for recovery now. Anybody that's contemplating this procedure, drop me a note and maybe I can save you a bit of grief.
Doc

wa8yxm
01-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Just take your time before you start sending folks to the proctologist for an emergency shoe--ectomy again and you should be ok.

I recently had a discussion with my wife on the importance of attitude in medical recovery.. It appears you don't need that lecture, you have the proper attitude. Good for you.

W9WLS
01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
I will offer a word of warning !
Be very careful of any infection, espichally what ever could be a STAPH infection.
My wife devoliped an infection in her total knee replacement about a week after surgery (the home thearpiest over extended the knee and pulled the staples), the new knee had to come out and a spacer put in followed by 6 weeks of round the clock antibiotics (done at home).
To make a long story somewhat shorter, she has now had two other infections which were staph related and the knee has been out each time because the infection migrated to the forgin material (the new knee), 6 surgery's 3 knees and R.T.C. antibiotics .
We now take NO CHANCES with anything , not living in a bubble but being very careful !

Radio
01-24-2013, 03:05 PM
My brain is nearing the end of its useful life. Do they do brains?

I don't know if it's worn out so much as it is dated. It seems so much of todays programming will not run on my old processor.

Good news about the knee, though.:bigclap:

TXiceman
01-25-2013, 07:18 AM
My XYL had a total knee replacment about 6 years ago and is look to get the other one done in the not to distant future. The DR. had told her it would be a full year before she was back close to 100%. He was right. Keep up wi the PT (Physical torture).

wa8yxm
01-25-2013, 10:31 AM
My brain is nearing the end of its useful life. Do they do brains?

Fiction: They tried but alas the donor brain was in pristine condition because it was little used.. The transplant failed because of the REASON it was little used.

(Yes this is a hair color of your choice joke).