PDA

View Full Version : Yuck!

Radio
04-17-2013, 08:07 PM
The pollen dump this year is something to behold! It's so bad that this year I hired a guy I work with to pressure was the 5th wheel.

The nasty rolled off the front and down the sides for quite a while. But after an hour or so he had it looking factory new. Sweet Wife came home and said it glows in the dark.

Really going to enjoy the trip next weekend!

N3LYT
04-18-2013, 07:15 AM
Boy you are a lot warmer then we are! Shorts and playing with water is not going to happen in my neighborhood for another month at least!

KF5BET
04-18-2013, 08:45 AM
WOW looks great Wade!

Radio
04-18-2013, 06:27 PM
It really does look nearly new. I was surprised at how well mildew was removed from the white trim around hatches, windows and doors. In fact the only thing that really didn't get clean are the slide out seals. They look better than they did, but still not really clean.

The guy is the son of a high school friend of mine. He's just getting started in his pressure washing business, doing mostly siding and driveways. So I was watching (fortunately) as he tried to manually raise the TV antenna...from the roof!

ME: "So how many RV's have you done?"
HIM: "Ahhh, well, this is my first one..."

So then I got into teaching/micromanaging mode and taught him as much as I could about RVs. He says he can do a house faster than a 5th wheel! But I figure with a few more "Practice Customers" and a little research he can make a lot of money detailing RVs.

KF5BET
04-21-2013, 03:57 PM
What did he use on the trim to remove the mildew?

I found some stuff last year out of Texas called Streak Master that does a really good job as well.

Radio
04-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Some sort of strong bleach solution that required a great deal of dilution.

I don't know exactly what it was.

NN5I
04-21-2013, 06:31 PM
Some sort of strong bleach solution that required a great deal of dilution.

I don't know exactly what it was.

Probably Clorox. It works better than anything else, by killing the biofilm organisms. Gotta rinse it off well, afterwards.

Of course, any other brand of sodium hypochlorite bleach will work as well -- they're all essentially identical, so buy by price. Clorox, Purex, various house brands -- no difference. Dilute with water about 10:1 or so and it'll still be pretty strong. Add detergent, if you like, and elbow grease.

Incidentally, Wade, when I first saw your first photo I thought it was a closeup of a streetside mail box. The other pix showed me my error.

TXiceman
04-23-2013, 06:51 AM
I never pressure wash the RV. Too much change of lifting a decal or messing up the caulk at a seam. Better to scrubb with a deck brush.

Ken

Radio
04-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Incidentally, Wade, when I first saw your first photo I thought it was a closeup of a streetside mail box. The other pix showed me my error.

That's funny. But since you suggested it, it does have a resemblance to a white plastic mailbox, with the scare light being part of the latch.

The Braves baseball announcers would announce the winners of various contests during the games, and give a partial address of the winner, such as "Kathy Sue Loudermilk, who lives on Baker Street in Griffin, GA" but if the address was a PO Box they'd say "Ed Cummings who lives in a mail box in Jonesboro"

It made me smile every time I heard it, and here's the mail box I live in, part time.

TimeToGetGoing
04-25-2013, 09:12 AM

I thought exactly the same thing.