PDA

View Full Version : Can't figure out win system?

SoCalRVer
05-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this topic, so I apologize. I have been trying to get on the Win system for a few days now. I have the correct frequencies, PL and offset. I see in their website node codes. Not sure as to the correct procedure to get on their network repeaters. I can hear them, but can't get replies. Do I need the Internet active, that little infinity symbol and beep?

Andy N1ORK
05-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Not sure about the Win System, but if it uses special UCD ports, make sure your firewall is not blocking the program. Try joining an Yahoo group for the Win system, it may be very like the echolink program.
73!

Radio
05-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this topic, so I apologize.

About as correct as any I guess. Besides, we don't run this ship all that tight anyway...

wa8yxm
05-06-2013, 07:56 PM
If that is the system I think it is (IRLP) you need to know the rules of the repeater you are using.. Some require all commands to be PREFIXED, Some do not.

If it does you send prefix-1234 on your DTMF (Touch Tone (tm)) keypad and release, you should hear 'Connected to node 1234" and some other stuff.

Sending 73, terminates the connection.

If it's prefixed you need to talk to the repeater's operator (owner) to find out the proper prefix.,

KJ6ZNT
08-27-2013, 08:39 AM
Here is a link to the system. If you are accessing it through a repeater, set up you radio as you would any other repeater. It is a fun network and I have learned a lot from Shorty's "Tech Net" on Friday nights. www.winsystem.org/

wa8yxm
08-28-2013, 07:02 AM
The WIN System is IRLP or at least a portion of it. All you need is a radio with a DTMF keypad.

Repeaters on the system come in two types.

Some you need to enter a prefix code.. Then the node number

Let us assume the node is 2905 and the prefix is 47

Let the repeater go idle, then key up and give your call and the fact you wish to access irlp.. Let it drop.. Key up again and enter 472905 on your keypad.. Let it go and you should hear "Welcome to node 2905 and perhaps the location or repeater team name.

The other type has no prefix code..
Again you give your call and desire, let it drop
Key up and simply enter 2905

In both cases to disconnect,, Let it drop, then key up and send 73