PDA

View Full Version : Missing your can opener?

Radio
11-22-2013, 06:01 PM
So you've gone and done it now. Arrived at Camp Ohthisissogreat and realize you have left your can opener at home.

Or the genny in the diesel pusher has died and your electric can opener is rendered useless. Or the rig burns to the ground while you are away buying groceries leaving you with only a loaf of bread and a bag of canned beans and such.

What do you do?

http://videos.komando.com/watch/4483/viral-videos-how-to-open-a-can-without-any-tools

And the cat likes it. :cateat:

NN5I
11-22-2013, 09:04 PM
Very interesting, tovarishch. But the video is over 3 minutes long, and about 10 seconds of it shows the technique. Those Россиян fellers, they like to talk.

Andy N1ORK
11-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Seen this before, you better hope you have a nice flat piece of stone. Nice Cyrillic word Товариш Carl!

wa8yxm
11-23-2013, 06:35 AM
I have more ways to open a can here than you can likely imagine.

And my electric can opener... (I have 2) both run on batteries, The good one is rechargable. Kind of a neat device.

Radio
11-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Instead of my traditional Swiss Army Knife, I now carry a cinderblock.

NN5I
11-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Nice Cyrillic word Товариш Carl!

Spelled wrong, though, almost certainly -- and it took me about 10 minutes to type. Lessee, I want Я -- try all the keys in sequence -- ah, there it is! Ummm, now I want И --

Should I have written Росский or something similar? And referred to them as человек instead of fellers?

NN5I
11-23-2013, 11:55 AM
If all else fails, one round from an M1 rifle will usually do it.

N3LYT
11-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Wrap it up in tin foil put it in the fire wait till it explodes inside the tin foil and will all ready be cooked!

NN5I
11-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Wrap it up in tin foil put it in the fire wait till it explodes inside the tin foil and will all ready be cooked!

I actually did that once (unintentionally) with a can of Campbell's chicken-with-rice soup. The explosion was very violent and destroyed the stovetop and the oven which was on the opposite side of the kitchen; made shrapnel out of a cookpot; damaged the wall and ceiling; and even damaged walls and furniture in another room. It was very expensive.

The stovetop was a gas rangetop. The explosion blew the flame out and damaged the pipe and valves so the gas could not be turned off at the burner. I had to run outside and turn it off at the meter.

I was a couple rooms away when it went off, which was very lucky; I'm sure it could easily have killed me.

Don't do that.

Andy N1ORK
11-24-2013, 06:17 AM
Spelled wrong, though, almost certainly -- and it took me about 10 minutes to type. Lessee, I want Я -- try all the keys in sequence -- ah, there it is! Ummm, now I want И --

Should I have written Росский or something similar? And referred to them as человек instead of fellers?

No Carl, You did fine. I'm just more familiar with Ukrainian than Russian.
:alien:

N3LYT
11-24-2013, 07:26 AM
I actually did that once (unintentionally) with a can of Campbell's chicken-with-rice soup. The explosion was very violent and destroyed the stovetop and the oven which was on the opposite side of the kitchen; made shrapnel out of a cookpot; damaged the wall and ceiling; and even damaged walls and furniture in another room. It was very expensive.

The stovetop was a gas rangetop. The explosion blew the flame out and damaged the pipe and valves so the gas could not be turned off at the burner. I had to run outside and turn it off at the meter.

I was a couple rooms away when it went off, which was very lucky; I'm sure it could easily have killed me.

Don't do that.
My wife was doing hard boiled eggs and decided to go to the post office unfortunately she forgot about the eggs. When she got home both dogs were cowering in the furriest corner of the house there were eggs shells in the living room we had to repaint the ceiling in the kitchen and the house stank of exploded eggs for weeks.