PDA

View Full Version : The loss of member number 1.

Radio
12-28-2013, 07:47 PM
All,

I regret to inform members of the ORR.net family we have, after an extended battle with cancer, lost a good friend and co-founder of our forum, Mike Rimmer. As posted on one of our sister sites:

Mike Rimmer Passed away at 1:15 CST today Dec. 28, 2013.

It was peaceful he was in no pain and just fell asleep for the final time.

Without Mike, there would be no Open Roads Radio .net. Mike set up the server arrangements, supplied the vBulletin software license, set up the first working forums some 6 years ago now.

It was our joint collaboration of our love for both amateur radio and RV camping, and Mike's expertise with vBulletin, having started 2 other forums, that gave birth to ORR.net. I was in charge of creative content, he was in charge of making things work. There are still articles and pictures of Mikes beloved camper in the galleries.

From Mike I learned how to push all the behind the scenes buttons and take over running the forum as his health failed and he could not perform admin functions any longer. Mike paid the server bills out of his pocket for the first few years.

Mike is entitled now to his much needed eternal rest. Mike freely discussed his relationship to God and I am assured he is at peace.

Bless you, Mike Rimmer.

Andy N1ORK
12-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Rest in Peace Mike, we will surely miss you here, on Face Book and on your other sites and forums. Enjoy your eternal campground.
Andy N1ORK

NN5I
12-29-2013, 09:00 AM
Requiescat in pace, Mike.

w6pea
12-31-2013, 11:44 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. May he rest in peace.
Pat w6pea