PDA

View Full Version : Too much technology

Radio
01-23-2014, 05:02 PM
So I go into the restroom at work.

Something in there is beeping. 2 beeps, pause. 2 beeps, pause. Maybe someone has left a cell phone in there and the battery is dying.

Then I notice there is a soap dispenser with a flashing LED. That's where the beeping is coming from. It's trying to tell me it's out of soap.

The old dispensers had a little window that would let you know the same thing. And were a whole lot less annoying. Do we need this much technology in a soap dish?

filmtex
01-24-2014, 01:27 PM
So I go into the restroom at work.

Something in there is beeping. 2 beeps, pause. 2 beeps, pause. Maybe someone has left a cell phone in there and the battery is dying.

Then I notice there is a soap dispenser with a flashing LED. That's where the beeping is coming from. It's trying to tell me it's out of soap.

The old dispensers had a little window that would let you know the same thing. And were a whole lot less annoying. Do we need this much technology in a soap dish?

Old soap dispensers were merely empty once the bar was all used up. Do we really need to liquify the soap and put it in a dispenser?

NN5I
01-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Well, the bad thing about old soap dispensers was, who wants old soap?

Radio
01-24-2014, 03:58 PM
Oh yeah, did I mention the contractor they hired to maintain the restrooms is STONE COLD DEAF!!!

He has to wear an orange vest that says Hearing Impaired (which is an understatement in this case) so that equipment operators know he can't hear the horns and beepers on the fork lifts and such.

KF5BET
01-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Our technology is the automatic air freshener. It has been out of batteries for at least two months. Someone got smart and threw a Renuzit in the stall....

Sometime old school is just better.

N3LYT
01-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Oh yeah, did I mention the contractor they hired to maintain the restrooms is STONE COLD DEAF!!!

He has to wear an orange vest that says Hearing Impaired (which is an understatement in this case) so that equipment operators know he can't hear the horns and beepers on the fork lifts and such.

When the reverse alarms were first put on trucks etc. it was a good thing but they were too loud! So the fix was hearing protectors until they got the level down to a safe limit.