PDA

View Full Version : Day trip to favorite park

Radio
04-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Get to spend the day here, all day tomorrow.

Would love to have camped, but Sweet Wife is away with the in-laws. Just didn't want to camp alone.

Indian Springs State Park, GA

N3LYT
04-26-2014, 06:13 AM
Nice spot. I do see your point in my case with the wife away it would involve two Great Danes in a 17' camper. When the two of us go camping a friend (city dweller) comes for a vacation when we are away fortunately he likes dogs.

Radio
04-26-2014, 07:30 AM
Every family has a "crazy aunt". Sweet Wife's passed away over a month ago, there was a funeral... and today a memorial service. Right in the middle of a long weekend vacation we had planned for a year. :(

So I have decreed that when I am called to eternal rest there will be a funeral. And if you can't make it, that's OK because I won't be there either.

But I'm NOT going to mess up a good camping weekend for everyone by having a memorial service. Which I also will gloriously be absent from.

:camp:

This weekend is a reunion of old friends from the 60's and 70's Christian youth group I was involved in. We usually take the 5th wheel and make a 4 day weekend of it. I'm in charge of the thing so I need to be there. I guess I have a choice, gather with great friends in a state park and have a low country boil... or spend the day with in-laws that barely know my name and talk about dead people.

:whistle:

NN5I
04-26-2014, 06:50 PM
Mmmm, Wade -- pretty spot. Nice calm water. Mosquito alley?

Radio
04-26-2014, 09:02 PM
Mmmm, Wade -- pretty spot. Nice calm water. Mosquito alley?

No not really. A few gnats, but when we got a breeze they blew away. All in all a beautiful time together.

KF5BET
05-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Looks very nice!!!!