PDA

View Full Version : $25 trailer wash.

Radio
05-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Came home from work yesterday to find a guy pressure washing the house next door. It seems a company that deals in foreclosed or unwanted properties now owns the place. Bummer.

Anyway, walked over to the guy and asked for a quote on the curbs, driveway and sidewalks. Quote came in way too high. Seems the guy works for a company that owns the equipment... he's not an independent operator.

"So how much just to rinse off the camper real quick?"

"Ummm, I could knock that out real quick for $25"

"Ever done a camper before?"

"Umm, no, this is the first one" Which is what I figured, because he only wanted $25. He's going to put the $25 in his pocket and not give his boss his cut. So I'm game.

"OK, well, I'll be here with you to make sure nothing goes wrong."

"Sure, OK"

So the poor guy worked his butt off for $25 and the trailer looks great!

Andy N1ORK
05-17-2014, 11:22 AM
Had a similar thing happen to me. A company hired by the town was sealing the cracks in the street with some liquid stuff that was real hot. So I asked him how much to do my drive skirting from the sidewalk to the street? ( had a few cracks there from the winter ) He said no problem, it was don in 5 minutes and looked great. Didn't cost me a nickel. I like those kind of days.
73!

TXiceman
05-18-2014, 10:26 AM
I do not use a power washer on the trailer. The pressure can lift decals, pull out caulk and get water where it does not belong.

Ken

Radio
05-18-2014, 06:14 PM
I do not use a power washer on the trailer. The pressure can lift decals, pull out caulk and get water where it does not belong.

Ken

That is correct. That's why I watched him like a hawk.

When I asked him if he'd ever done an RV before and he said no, I said OK I'll tell you what to do and not to do because there are about 100 ways to screw this up.

One of the things I mentioned was not holding the nozzle too close around decals and windows.

I did note that the decals are not looking as good as they used to. And I am reminded we bought the trailer in July '08 so it's coming up on 6 years old and is starting to show some signs of aging. :(

N3LYT
05-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Yeah, I wish I could get the old decals off with a pressure washer!

Radio
05-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Yeah, I wish I could get the old decals off with a pressure washer!

I happened to be at a friends bodyshop and they were removing factory applied automotive decals with a heat gun. Took a awhile, but most of the adhesive came off with the decal. Cleaned up real nice.

But that was on metal and they got it really hot.

Proceed with caution.

N3LYT
05-20-2014, 07:06 PM
We had a gal that removed the decals from our old cop cars using a heat gun it took her about a day and a half to decommission one. I gave up on my camper using the very same heat gun sanded them off and repainted.