PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Open Roaders

KE7BTX
12-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Hi there, Open Roads Hams,

I'm calling in from Oregon. As of this past summer, I have a new to me 2003 Class B, Leisure Travel Van. I grew up around ham radio with my Dad, N2AKZ (silent key) and always enjoyed listening to sounds from the shack. I have only had my license about a dozen years and most of that is on VHF Repeaters. I look forward to branching out to mobile HF for weekend getaways, but still gearing up the rolling shack today.

73's

Phil
KE7BTX

Radio
12-20-2014, 02:36 PM
There's a lot of pretty good advice here on ORR.net.

Jump in and join the fun! :welcome:

N3LYT
12-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Hi there, Open Roads Hams,

I'm calling in from Oregon. As of this past summer, I have a new to me 2003 Class B, Leisure Travel Van. I grew up around ham radio with my Dad, N2AKZ (silent key) and always enjoyed listening to sounds from the shack. I have only had my license about a dozen years and most of that is on VHF Repeaters. I look forward to branching out to mobile HF for weekend getaways, but still gearing up the rolling shack today.

73's

Phil
KE7BTX

Be careful it's addictive making a mobile ham shack!

W7JZE
12-22-2014, 09:47 PM
Howdy (again) Phil...

Congrats on your new mobile radio shack! Wife and I are 17 months away from buying ours so color me green with envy :D. You'll be an over the road old-timer by the time we purchase ours.

I get up into OR and WA pretty well with my home QTH setup on HF. Hope to see you in my log soon.

Be careful out there.

KF5BET
12-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Welcome Aboard Phil:

Spent a year in Salem and then moved to Hillsboro for several years. Great country!

My Uncle N2GL lives in Banks, OR just west of Portland out Hwy 26. He is usually on 75 meters most mornings, go give him a shout!

Good luck with the camper!

wa8yxm
12-27-2014, 01:29 AM
Greetings Phil... Well, I've been a ham a bit longer than you but.. You mentioned "Most of that on VHF repeaters".

I was a Tech for 38 years before I upgraded twice in one year to General and then Extra.