PDA

View Full Version : Going Up

electricflyer
02-04-2015, 10:30 AM
The honeymoon may be over. I see gas went up since yesterday. Local Kroger was $1.94 (less .03 if you have the loyalty card) yesterday. This morning I went by and it was $2.09 - up .15. Crude oil is going up so I guess we can pay a little more now. Still cheaper than a cup of coffee in a lot of places though.

NN5I
02-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Some "experts" say it will continue upward. Some "experts" say it will head lower. If all these "experts" are really experts, why ain't they rich?

Flipping a coin for a prediction is about as useful as the "experts".

Radio
02-04-2015, 04:51 PM
I think it will vacillate around the $2.00 mark.

OPEC is trying to put our drilling and fracking companies into bankruptcy by forcing the price artificially low. (And the Russians are NOT happy about that one bit as they too are oil exporters and really need the money) Once the threat from our fracking technology is over, they hope, according to one source, to shove oil up over $200 a barrel.

I'm cautiously optimistic the pressure from the frackers (who surely must have know this would happen and planned for it economically) and pressure from OPEC and pressure from demand will settle gasoline prices about where it is now.

The price will wobble about on the whim of daily current events, no doubt.

In the mean time, if the urge strikes you, better hit the road while the price is right!

:driver:

wa8yxm
02-05-2015, 08:10 AM
Well, when it comes to Fracking.. There are many trying to bankrupt those companies.. and for very very very good reasons.

But that is a topic for other threads on the environment.

I said it, the oil companies were looking for a way to increase profits,, Looks like they found it. It is not OPEC, as they provide so little oil to the US that if they shut us down we would likely never notice.. It is the oil companies,, BIG OIL is the culprit..

Additional political comment omitted.