PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

archer
05-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Hi all from central Arizona!

Found you with a google search, looks like a friendly group, looking forward joining in and learning.

Started fulltiming this January and now have time to pursue a long time interest - HAM radio. Wife and I are traveling in a 2004 Itasca Suncruiser, currently on the Oregon coast. I'm retired LEO and wife a retired RN.

I will be lurking and doing a lot of reading. I am sure that I will have a million questions as I go forward. It is going to be a little more difficult getting off to a good start with my only support being forums. Plan to take it slow and learn as I go.

Radio
05-12-2015, 06:43 PM
We like newbies. Some places don't but we do. Jump in and join the fun.

Feel free to ask questions. It gives us something to do.

:welcome:

NN5I
05-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Feel free to ask questions. It gives us something to do.

:welcome:

And we never, never stray from the original subject. Never. :)

So welcome aboard.

W9WLS
05-13-2015, 06:09 AM
Welcome Aboard Jack !
You have stumbled on to a pretty diverse group here, when it comes to radios, antennas,and campers , (or anything remotely related) there isn't much that someone in this bunch hasn't tried, done, or had some sort of experience with at one time or another.

electricflyer
05-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Saw you on another forum. I knew you'd find us here eventually. Welcome Jack, I also see you have a different ID here. Did you get your radio yet? Guys here are more familiar with the issues of RV's and radios. I'm sure there will be more questions so don't be afraid to ask.
Marv
KT4W

ke0me
05-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Welcome on board.

XYL and I have been fulltiming for a year now. We do have stories to tell, just ask!

We are currently in S Carolina, heading for Washington DC for 4th of July.

The only dumb question is the unasked question - so what is a LEO?

I have not heard that term before.

archer
05-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Sorry - Law Enforcement Officer

ke0me
05-14-2015, 06:57 PM
Thanks, guess I didn't come across that acronym since I am a ORHWR

(old retired ham who RV's) - just made that up.:jitter:

archer
05-14-2015, 11:39 PM
Thanks, guess I didn't come across that acronym since I am a ORHWR

(old retired ham who RV's) - just made that up.:jitter:

Well, I was an LEO. Now I'm a ORNHHR (old retired NEW ham who RV's) - I just stole that :D