PDA

View Full Version : changes

ke0me
08-06-2016, 12:32 PM
due to a recurring hip infection in my wife's titanium replacement hip, they are going to remove the existing joint , do daily IV for 6-12 weeks, put in another replacement hip, and HOPE the infection is gone. Success rate on this scenario is not real high to get rid of an infection according to posts I have read.

Based on very high apartment rental rates, and that we wont be RV'ing for quite a few months, we have parked the RV, leased an apartment in Colorado near family and are settling down til we know what is happening.

So, we are trying to sell the fifth wheel rather than paying on it and paying storage and insurance, etc for 10 months.

Next spring we will decide if we continue full-time RV'ing (10%), part time RV'ing (25%)or settle down with no RVing near kids here in Colorado (65%).

NN5I
08-06-2016, 02:38 PM
We'll all be pulling for complete success.

wa8yxm
08-06-2016, 07:35 PM
How about finding a long term RV park in your "Target" area. I pay 375/month,, Where am I going to find an apartment for that low a price?

Radio
08-06-2016, 07:45 PM
We'll keep you in our prayers.

:pray:

ke0me
08-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the kind words.

We opted for an apartment since she will have extreme issues with any steps for several months. The apartment is ground floor with no steps .

Also, there really aren't any good RV parks close, they are all in the mountains (of course), and my trailer is not set up for Colorado winters.

We will keep you posted on progress.

ke0me
12-17-2016, 11:09 AM
My wife has endured two hip operations in two months, one to take the original hip replacement out to fight the infection and the second to take the temporary spacer out to put in the new permanent hip.

That was NOT fun, she endured quite a bit of pain, many weeks in rehab, etc. but we are finally home from rehab ( just before Thanksgiving) and are doing out patient physical therapy.

The scar is 18 inches long, and they had to open the same place twice, that's not easy on the body.

Good news, she is getting around better, but endurance is very low.

We are in the apartment til April at which time we will decide what to do, go back on the road or settle down to a stick built something.

NN5I
12-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Good to learn she's on the mend. Endurance will build, too, but never as rapidly as you'd wish.

Best to both of you.

Radio
12-17-2016, 07:01 PM
That's great, keep us posted.

There's always the stickbuilt and a pop up or hybrid for the nice weekends option. :)

wa8yxm
12-19-2016, 03:51 PM
every day I see ads from a group of ambulance chasers (lawyers) about "metal on metal hip implants" Since I know very little about these implants I will say no more in this vein.

Here is hoping your fie enjoys a swift recovery and the new one works out as well as my Mother-in-laws.. After a subsequent fall she was seen by the son of the doctor who did the implant... He explained they wished to make sure the implant was not damaged (Replacement hip = Implant) She said "I have a hip replacement?" I told him his dad must have done a good job, he agreed.. She ask why that was

Because if he's messed it up you'd not be askign that question.. YOU WOULD KNOW you had an artifical hip". of course..

So may your wife's new replacement work as well as my mother-in-laws did.

Alas. I remember every surgery I have even had, even the one I was too young to remember (My mother told me about it later) but.. Well, the memories are "Academic" .... Which means I do not recall the actual surgery, only that I had it).