PDA

View Full Version : Has ORR changed format?

NN5I
01-15-2017, 10:08 PM
Has ORR changed format?

Until yesterday, when I logged on I would get a list of threads with the most recent posts. For the last two days, I get instead a list of the forums, and I can't find a way to get back to the list of new posts.

This renders ORR unusable. It's impossible to see the newest posts. Is everyone seeing this change, or did I accidentally change something in my own profile?

If anyone replies to this, I don't know how I'll find the reply. Aaargh.

NN5I
01-16-2017, 07:06 AM
Hmmm -- this morning it's back to normal.

electricflyer
01-16-2017, 09:35 AM
I had the same thing happen to me. But, you can see the new posts by clicking on "New Posts" on the menu bar if it happens again.

wa8yxm
01-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Never noticed a change but I may have skipped yesterday

There was a slight change in the log in procedure courtesy of the host. Went from http to https

Janet H
01-16-2017, 07:52 PM
Has ORR changed format?

Until yesterday, when I logged on I would get a list of threads with the most recent posts. For the last two days, I get instead a list of the forums, and I can't find a way to get back to the list of new posts.

This renders ORR unusable. It's impossible to see the newest posts. Is everyone seeing this change, or did I accidentally change something in my own profile?

If anyone replies to this, I don't know how I'll find the reply. Aaargh.

You have sharp eyes. Yesterday the page did change and today it's back to normal. That said, in the coming days the view of the site will change. The Site background will be updated and the new threads list on the portal page will be moved into a right column on the main forum page.

The existing portal page is not really compatible with the new secure login (old software) and it's time to make some updates. The main forum software will remain the same and posting, navigation and forum content should all still remain the same.

Here's a preview (minus the right side new posts feed) of the new look - but it's still in draft form....

Radio
01-16-2017, 08:02 PM
After you get accustomed to the new layout and how the new post thing works, you'll like it a lot better. And we really, really need that fresh update of vBulletin software as we were running on stuff that was circa 2007.

:radio:

kd2iat
01-16-2017, 08:25 PM
Janet has had the new system running for quite a while over on sunlineclub.com - it's a nice improvement.

Radio
01-16-2017, 08:28 PM
And at Forest River Forums.

NN5I
01-16-2017, 09:28 PM
Yes, that sample looks like what I was seeing.

That's the future of ORR? Alas.

Radio
02-22-2017, 08:18 PM
So is it really all that bad? :)

NN5I
02-22-2017, 09:51 PM
So is it really all that bad? :)

See other thread.