PDA

View Full Version : Hail

NN5I
04-03-2017, 03:17 PM
Wow, hail is really noisy in the Diesel Pusher. Pretty sure there's no damage, though.

Radio
04-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Things got pretty bumpy across the entire southeast yesterday and today.

The airline (my employer) sent out an email reminding us about severe weather procedures. I assume our in house meteorology dept may have become concerned.

And a decent rain in the 5th wheel is pretty loud. At some point it goes from putting you to sleep to keeping you up.

wa8yxm
04-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Even Rain is noisy if it's heavy, as it was here yesterday... And I'm stuck without Air Conditioning, just what fresh air I can suck in with the fantastic fan.

Survived though switched fan to low and almost closed the lid so it shed water.

Yes.. You want real noise.. I grew up under a "Tin Roof" (Well sheet steel) now that's noisy in a hail storm :).

N3LYT
04-04-2017, 06:59 PM
Even Rain is noisy if it's heavy, as it was here yesterday... And I'm stuck without Air Conditioning, just what fresh air I can suck in with the fantastic fan.

Survived though switched fan to low and almost closed the lid so it shed water.

Yes.. You want real noise.. I grew up under a "Tin Roof" (Well sheet steel) now that's noisy in a hail storm :).

I lived in an old farm house with a tin roof under a black walnut tree. For those not familiar with black walnuts they are close to tennis ball size.