PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the woods of NH.

WildOne
02-01-2008, 04:14 AM
Howdy everyone! This is my first post here.

I'm N1WLD, Wayne, from southern NH. At least that's where I live and work. I spend most of my free time in the Great North Woods area with my wife. Both of us are lovers of the outdoors and spend lots of time on the atv's or the sleds. I'm also lucky enough to have a Mrs. that loves to fish, so we find ourselves out on the northern lakes quite often too!
We no longer have a rec vehicle, we sold our Sunnybrook 5er for 3 acres, a cabin, and a garage. I am, however, a veteran rv technician so I'm sure I can contribute something to these forums.
When we had the 5er, I used a modified Icom 706 with an expanded discone for communications. The discone was easy to assemble/disassemble and store. I carried 2 5ft mast sections and put them up with a side mounted antenna clamp. With a vhf & uhf tuner, I was able to use the rig for normal 6, 2, & 440, as well as marine and sometimes (when we had unlicensed guests) frs. (Oh, I forgot to mention I'm strictly NO CODE! Will soon upgrade to general, but prefer vhf/uhf for the small antenna sizes)
If any of you need help with problems in your rv, drop me a line. My specialty is appliances, but there's not much in the rigs I am unfamilier with. Maybe I can talk you thru a fix, or at least offer some advice.

Looking forward to having a qso with all of you. :hello:

Richard Stouffer
02-01-2008, 04:42 AM
Welcome Wayne. I know I've heard you, but I don't think we have QSO'd. You are going to get a lot of chances to share you're expertise with your background. You are going to be a very welcome member and you'll probably have a lot of fun too.

73's
Richard, WU5K

Andy N1ORK
02-01-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi Wayne, welcome aboard! My XYL and I have a seasonal at the Bluffs of DanforthBay in Freedom, NH. So maybe I'll be able to QSO with you when we're up there during the summer. Usually monitor the 146.730 Ossipee lake rptr. but will have to incude the Mt. Washington (146.655) repeater also per your QRZ.com info. Nice QTH by the way! Please check out my post about power converter RFI , maybe you have some insight on this.
Andy - N1ORK

Radio
02-01-2008, 08:02 AM
I am, however, a veteran rv technician so I'm sure I can contribute something to these forums...My specialty is appliances, but there's not much in the rigs I am unfamilier with. Maybe I can talk you thru a fix, or at least offer some advice.

Looking forward to having a qso with all of you. :hello:

:welcome:

Great! About time we had some one who really knows what they're doing! :think: Welcome aboard and jump right in the frey!

Radio

w7wv
02-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Welcome.
I do most of my own work on my units and always have.
If you own one it's just like a house, unless you are rich you had better have some knowledge of how to work on it.
Having the money to pay for repairs means very little when you are 200 miles from the nearest shop.

aintgotnun
02-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Welcome aboard!

Great! About time we had some one who really knows what they're doing!

Hey now..........................

WildOne
02-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Andy, I'm more apt to be on the Burke, VT 440 linked system nowadays. The Mt. Wash. 2 mtr machine has been getting pretty flakey! I also use the Mt. Wash 440 machine sometimes. Can't recall the freq. just now, but you'll find it in the repeater directory. You should easily hit the 440 machine from "The Bluffs" (I know the area well) if you have a uhf rig.
I should probly update my QRZ listing to reflect some changes.....the shack is updated and I've aged about 4 years since that was put up!!
I'll keep my ears open for you on the Ossippee repeater during my weekendly commute to camp. Will be home this weekend for the super bowl!!! GO PATS!!!

Anyone else active on six??? I listen most evenings, aimed south west, on 50.125. Give us a call!

Andy N1ORK
02-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Pats????? Don't you mean the Patsies? Hi Hi!!!
Go Giants!!!!!!!!
Hope to QSO this summer.
Andy

N7OQ
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi Wayne it is really good to have you on board, I'm sure you will be a great source of info.

WildOne
02-01-2008, 08:59 PM
HEY, HEY, HEY!
An N 1 and you're rootin' for the Giants???? TRAITOR!
As my grandson says......"Pats rule, Giants drool!"

I'll be "on the air" during the game. Where will you be? I wanna be "live" when your team goes down!!!!

Andy N1ORK
04-11-2008, 06:37 AM
I know this is late Wayne, but who's droolin' now? Nevertheless, either team could have won. It was a great game to watch!
73!
Andy

w6pea
04-15-2008, 12:04 PM
:welcome:To the group.....there a lot of great people here and a lot of good infoto be had.:radio:

73 de w6pea
Pat