PDA

View Full Version : Radiofest changes

N7OQ
02-04-2008, 11:13 PM
I have been planing to attend Radiofest 2008 in Monterey, CA and their web site showed that HRO was going to be there along with smaller vendors. Well today I see their Vendor list changed and HRO is no longer on it. I'm really bummed out, now there will not be a Ham radio store there but I see from the list I see that Cookie Lee jewelry, radio shack and Avanti Activewear will be there. So I guess I can drive 6 hours for some cheap jewelry, some underwear and get my questions answered by someone who has no clue. I'm now thinking about canceling my Hotel reservations and just mail ordering my new toys.

When I was stationed in Charleston, SC I went to some great Hamfests, there was so much to see buy and both vendors and flea markets were selling at the same time. Sense I have been on the west coast every Hamfest here are lame in comparison and they make the Flea market wait until Sunday, I really enjoy the flea Markets you can find some great treasures there.

Oh Well Guess I can always go camping:)

wa8yxm
02-05-2008, 07:35 AM
You should express your feelings to HRO, I mean they are the ones not showing up and they are the ones who caught your eye.

Now; That is a suggestion... What they will do about it is kind of up in the air, They may switch your letter to customer retention, BUT. if they don't Consider ordering from AES

w7wv
02-05-2008, 08:16 AM
I quit attending the local hamfests a few years back due to the lack of interest by vendors.
They found that without the vendors that not as many tailgaters came and the local hamfest is not much now.
Times are changing.

N7OQ
02-05-2008, 06:17 PM
You should express your feelings to HRO, I mean they are the ones not showing up and they are the ones who caught your eye.

Now; That is a suggestion... What they will do about it is kind of up in the air, They may switch your letter to customer retention, BUT. if they don't Consider ordering from AES

Good Idea, I will sent them a email and if I do order via the mail it will not be from them because they charge California sales tax at the Highest rate and If can't get it now I will wait a little and save the sales tax. AES works for me.