PDA

View Full Version : HF Tomorrow

jagco
02-29-2008, 08:33 PM
If all goes well, I will be back on HF, tomorrow. My buddy and elmer, NR9A, is coming up and helping finish the installation of my MFJ-1798. I traded some old rifles for a Kenwood TS-680S a while back and tried to put up the antenna, then. Well it turned out it was missing a piece. Called MFJ, and that jumped right on sending me the part. The only problem was they sent me the wrong part. So, I called them again. I now have the right part, but ended up needing stents put in my heart, the first part of February. I think I finally have all my ducks in a row, so hopefully, this will happen tomorrow. After that, maybe we'll try to sked something with some of ya :D

Snell
02-29-2008, 09:01 PM
Wait until you hear the bands! The ARRL International DX contest started at 19:00 EST and they are jumping. You'll have lots of opportunities to make contacts, albeit, brief ones this weekend. Just give a signal report and your state and you're good to go. Enjoy and welcome back. (by the way, them stents are a pain ain't they? Got one myself)

Art

jagco
03-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, we got up. It took some time to tune all the elements, but it's good. My first contact was Dominican Republic, so I was happy with that. I'm exhausted and in a lot of pain (Diabetic neuropathy), so I'm going to bed. More fun tomorrow.

K3NOQ/Mobile
03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Just had my second stent proceedure in a month. Now have a total of 9. one last year, 5 in January and now 3 more. getti'n old ain't for sissies...
Good Luck with your proceedures ( radio and rehab! ):hello:

73' John / Canyon Lake Texas in the Winnebago

jagco
03-02-2008, 07:02 PM
15M was wide open today for the contest. I made quite a few contacts into the Carribean and South America. I had forgotten how much fun HF could be.

TXiceman
03-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Hope you get the rig working. I was on foe a while Saturday afternoon and heard a few really obnoxious operators trying to make contacts. WHat has happened to the rules and common manners?

A station is Central America was trying calling CQ and handling things well by call all of the 0 stations and then 1, 2, 3....and then over again. One fellow in the 2 area got really obnoxious when he went to 3's and would not answer him....cussing and the whole thing. I wish I had noted his call sign. With that kind of attitude, I would never have acknowledged his call.

Ken

jagco
03-02-2008, 08:42 PM
No, I wouldn't have acknowledged him, either!!

jagco
03-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Made contacts in Oregon, Washington, and Montana over the last couple days. Waiting for my new tuner, so I can do some work on 80M.

w6pea
03-08-2008, 12:48 AM
That makes me want to put my High Sierra Sidekick back up tomorrow.:think: We have been out of town on business and I took the antenna down, It's mounted on a portable tripod. So I now have a project for tomorrow.

Need to go to the candy store and buy another radio for the base. I am going to mount the radio I use at home in the RV.
Anyone been using a IC-7000 or a IC-718 ? I am now using a IC-706MKIIG for my base station, but it's kind of a pain in the back side to move it back and forth to the RV, But then again having a radio sit in the RV and not using it for months at a time is also a waste.
While we were on our trip I made many contacts on 20m and 40m from my mobile in my P/U. My wife asked why I don't use the rig in the P/U more than I use the 2m/70cm radio. So I started using the 706 for the entire trip.

73 Pat w6pea