PDA

View Full Version : Airstream Art?

Radio
03-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Is it art or is it junk?

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6033696&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

This is why we have a "Junkbox" forum...but it seems like a waste of good trailers to me.

Snell
03-15-2008, 09:36 AM
As an Art, who owns an Airstream ....I am appalled:mad: What a wanton waste of an iconic RV. Someone, somewhere would love to have those things as restoration projects.
I also think it would make the neighborhood look crummy . Caddys or Airstreams, I just don't see the art.

Art
N2DWS

jagco
03-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Looks like a terrible waste of good project campers, to me, to.

k3mp
03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
I agree, what a waste of money....I bet some people would kill for those...I used to have an Avion 34-V...what a great trailer...then the 5th wheel came into my life...but that Airstream yard is just not right....

w6pea
03-21-2008, 12:28 PM
I agree....but... different strokes for different folks I believe is how the saying goes.

I have a friend that has a lot of boat anchors that he collects in his basement,aka family room. I asked his wife once what she was going to do with all of the radio's he has if and when he dies. She said rent a 40yard drag on dumpster and send them to the landfill.
My Uncle has a lot of old junk in his garage to him it's worth a lot of money to others it's just junk.
You have to admit though.......the airsteams are a good conversation piece.

Atlas
03-21-2008, 10:40 PM
I had a professor who referred to art like this as a form of "physics envy." The point was that when physics turned weird at the beginning of the 20th century (Quantum Mechanics, General Relativity), art had to be "weird" to keep up with the times.

N7OQ
03-22-2008, 01:25 AM
I believe that someone did this first with Cadillac's and this is just a copycat of that. I just don't see the art in this, to me just a waist of money.