PDA

View Full Version : Politics, thanks, and no thanks

Radio
03-20-2008, 01:09 PM
In this season of political rancor and flame-throwing I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each of you, all the members of Open Roads Radio, for keeping the forum on topic (that of either Ham Radio or RVing) and free of all political discussion.

The admin/moderation team has yet to moderate a single member, thread or post due to out of bounds content or behavior. Not even once.

Good going, all, and let's continue in this vein. It's one of the ways Open Roads Radio is such a special place on the net.

Andy N1ORK
03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Now that you mention it, I would like to say this about that..........................

Hi Hi
Just kiddin'

wa8yxm
03-21-2008, 07:45 AM
So: Lizards make the best political leaders

No, they are terrible political leaders

So why do you keep voting for them?

Well... Would you want the other guy's Lizard to win?

(Hitchicker's guide to the Galaxy NOT an exact quote)

w6pea
03-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Have you taken the time to read my signature......never mind.

Radio
03-21-2008, 04:00 PM

Yes...found it fairly innocuous and left it alone. Rather cute, actually :)

wa8yxm
03-21-2008, 07:34 PM

Well.. In over 30 years of living in Detroit.. Can't say as I disagree with it.

We had one Mayor here, who, in fact, agreed with part of it.

He stated when he took office that he would only serve for a period of time, and when that time expired he let them talk him into ONE more term. Then he retired.

The current one I won't talk about.

Atlas
03-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I've been in other forums where making a post of any kind was potentially like throwing rocks at a bees nest. Of course I'm too much of a sissy to have fun with folks like that. (Eg. Don the bee suit and stuff the nest full of M-80's; in a metaphorical sense.)

W6DCS
03-22-2008, 01:15 AM
I agree, change them all like diapers, or better yet, make them like kleenex, use it once and toss it.

N7OQ
03-22-2008, 01:20 AM
I have been on forums where politics come up and the flames and tempers fly. It' is good they we don't have that problem here.

W4DRR
03-25-2008, 08:09 AM
I have been on forums where politics come up and the flames and tempers fly. It' is good they we don't have that problem here.

Bill, that wouldn't, by chance, be a "certain" forum we all know and love, would it? :rolleyes:

KE5NWT
03-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Radio,
Your Welcome .
WILCO and OUT

the only thing I will say about politics is......"darn humans!"

N7OQ
03-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Bill, that wouldn't, by chance, be a "certain" forum we all know and love, would it? :rolleyes:

LOL well Bob even though there have been a few times where the politic subject had gotten a little out of hand on OB, I was not really thinking about that forum:) I use to hang out on a local ISP forum that use to get way out of hand both political and religious and some times really nasty words were exchanged. I also use to check into a Astronomy forum where the Moderator was the biggest instigator and it got so bad a bunch of us just stopped checking in.

aintgotnun
03-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I have to continually moderate myself..........

Now what were we talking about again?

Radio
03-27-2008, 08:43 PM
I have to continually moderate myself..........

Yeah, that's kinda what we expect from all our members, and they have all been great about delivering just that...shoot, you think we had a bunch of grown-ups here.