PDA

View Full Version : List of popular repeater pairs??

Radio
05-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Back years ago in the front of the ARRL repeater guide there was a little table of the 12 most popular 2m frequency pairs. They put that in there because you had to buy crystals to get on the repeater and most rigs had twelve slots for the crystals.

I want to set up one set of memories for travel and I wish I had that information again. Anybody admit to having a 30 year old repeater directory? :p

wa8yxm
05-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Ah, thought I saw this before.. Just recalled where. And my reply

The old list may no longer be valid, the reason is that about that many years ago they changed the plan for repeaters to make more slots they could slot repeaters into.. I think they went from 20KC spacing to 15 but PLEASE don't quote me on that as... the key word is THINK. I'm a long way from sure (perhaps 20% sure)

If you get something like Travel Plus with repeater guide from the ARRL you can, with a bit of work, export most every repeater everywhere

Then run it through a spreadsheet (Sort by output frequency) and ..... There will be your answers.

Radio
05-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Ah, thought I saw this before.. Just recalled where.

Yeah, don't tell anybody but sometimes I post "over there" ;)

w7wv
05-10-2008, 02:04 PM
But we already know! :D
I replied there as well.

Manual Garcia O'Kely
05-12-2008, 10:17 PM
If you have enough memories, there's a limited number of possible repeater pairs - I'd guess most of the US is now using 15 kHz spacing. All you have to do then is figure out the tone, but at least you can scan for outputs easily - it seems like a good way to find active repeaters in any area you are traveling thru.

If you do that plus the standard simplex frequencies it should be easy to work with.