PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for our next trip

N7OQ
08-06-2008, 10:03 PM
I will be heading for Ft Bragg, CA this Saturday for a week long camping trip. Will be bringing the HF rig and setting up for some HF work so hope the bands will be good. It will be nice to get away from work for awhile and I'm looking forward to just relaxing.

One Country Boy
08-07-2008, 02:59 AM
Hope you have a great trip and get to unlax abit. We've been out since June 14th and headed home next monday. Be safe.

w7wv
08-07-2008, 08:15 AM
We have spent many days along the coast there from SF North. We did not care if it was windy or foggy.
It's where I was born and raised.
We really liked the state parks at Sonoma Coast states parks the best. Wright's Beach was a favorite. Small but if you were lucky you could bet right on the beach edge. We also loved the Russian River area and all of that section of the coast.
The only problems we ever had was starting in the '80s it got increasingly hard to get a spot on the coast with very few parks and the numbers of RVs that we sold.
We sure miss the salt water now, but we will hit the road soon full time and we will get back to it. :D

phredsee
08-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Never been to Fort Bragg but I'm sure it's on my list somewhere. We're heading to Santa Cruz next weekend and looking forward to the same r&r you refered to. Have a good time!