PDA

View Full Version : You need to eat

KB5LJE
08-26-2008, 04:51 PM
more hot dogs! specifically hot dogs made by Bryan foods.

hmmm smoked sausage sounds good also by hillshire farms!

or maybe a state fair corn dog.

Ok why I made this post. As many of you know I lost my job on 6-30-2008.

Yesterday I accepted an offer with Sara Lee as the EHS Manager for there Bryan foods site in Tupelo MS.

My camper has been here for over a week now as I just felt this was coming. My new address for a couple of months is http://www.cgbarnescrossing.com/index.html

I will be moving in this weekend and will keep in touch as I can.

Thanks for the support, Mike

Radio
08-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Well, I guess they know a hot dog when they see one!

I think you'll like Tupelo. It seemed quiet, peaceful and clean when I was there a month ago.

Congrats! Don't forget to take a radio with you!!

One Country Boy
08-27-2008, 08:54 AM
No Mike, I was not aware of the job loss. But, glad that you have another. Glad for a couple of reasons. You can eat whichever brand of dawg you like and keep us old retired folks retired.:D

I don't know if you will be able to respond or not. I knew that you were in Mississippi, but not sure where previously. Just wondering if it were a long move for you ?

Good luck with the new job. Hope it all works out for you. Keep up posted please.

wa8yxm
08-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Well, Congrats on the job.. Hot Dogs, Bryan Hot dogs, Division of Sara Lee and as we all know: Nobody Doesn't like Sara Lee

By the way, When you go out for a cup of coffee. Think Java Coast, which is a division of Superior Coffee IIRC (and superior to char-bucks it surly is) Also a division of Sara Lee

As for Char.. Er, Star-Bucks.. They proudly serve the world's WORST coffee
(I drink a lot of coffee, I've even had the LAST CUP at a FIRE HOUSE.. I can't take Char-bucks, extra burnt roast no way)

KB5LJE
08-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Right now I live in Southaven just south of Memphis TN, Tupelo is about 100 miles west so its close enough to family to be very comfortable.

Will be moving into the trailer this Sunday and will have a 2m with me. Thats all I can do for radio at this time.

Mike
No Mike, I was not aware of the job loss. But, glad that you have another. Glad for a couple of reasons. You can eat whichever brand of dawg you like and keep us old retired folks retired.:D

I don't know if you will be able to respond or not. I knew that you were in Mississippi, but not sure where previously. Just wondering if it were a long move for you ?

Good luck with the new job. Hope it all works out for you. Keep up posted please.

VE6AGE
08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
There has been a lot of changes in regards to my amateur radio shack and location.
Both of my HS-1800/Pros have been sold.

Radio
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Hi Dennis :hello:

Welcome to the Open Roads Radio Forum.

I went to Toronto on business last year...not much on anybodys coffee but every thing else at Tim Hortons was pretty good! Didn't stay long enough to sample everything.

Again make your self at home on ORR. Feel free to join the frey!