PDA

View Full Version : New Tow vehicle

N7OQ
10-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Bought a new TV last week it is a 2008 Chevy 2500HD Duramax diesel & Allison Transmission, Crew cab. I was planing on just getting a 1/2 ton gasser but the prices were so good I got 3/4 ton diesel for what I expected to pay for a 1/2 ton gasser. I got to try it out this last weekend, pulled the trailer to a close by lake, the power is unbelievable, pulls the trailer likes it's not even there. I was using a Tahoe (the wife's rig) and I have to say it has been a great TV as well just doesn't have the power this truck has. Now since this is my truck I can finally put antennas on it, I have been looking for good antenna and radio locations.

BTW while camping I has wifi and tried to log on to this forum but got a message that it was blocked:( Guess I can thank all the spammers for that.

Anyone with a Chevy crew cab have any good tips on mounting radios and antennas.

TXiceman
10-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Once you tow with the diesel, you will wonder why they even make gas engines in pick ups.

As for the radios, I have not been able to get rid of the injector noise from my Ford diesel.

Ken

One Country Boy
10-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Congrats on the new truck. I agree with Ken, nothing like a diesel. Ours is a 2008 F250 with the new 6.4 litre engine. Power is awesome.