PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Blackberry Cell Phone

One Country Boy
02-15-2009, 10:12 PM
I saw advertisement the other day from our cellular provider concerning Blackberry Phones. After some thought, I ordered one for the XYL and myself. A big change from the old RAZR phone. I'm impressed, but an awful lot to learn. I put an 8 gig memory card in each of them today for more storage capacity. E-mail on the fly is nice. I'm wondering if I will ever figure out all the bells and whistles on this thing.

I would like to be able to manipulate the calendar, address book and other programs via the home computer and upload it to the phone. So far all I've done is backup the data from the phone to the computer.

w3zi
02-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi Jim -- Well there are a couple of choices on the BB calender that I have tried. There is a BB Desktop Manager thats likely on the CD you got or you can download it either through your phone provider or the Blackberry Web Site. You can use Outlook also. Thats what I do as its tied to a server at work I can set up and get appointments that are scheduled etc. I save all of my contact info etc in outlook -- both business and personal so I have that also. That is what works for me and I am sure there are others that have experience with other applications.

Mark

KC1BUD
02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Jim,

I still keep my toys in seperate packages. I carry a cell phone and a Palm PDA. Between that, my 2 meter Handy talkie and Maglite flashlight my XYL says I am loading my utility belt when ever we go out.

She has asked for an all in one printer/scanner before, but I am reluctant to get one. The reason is if you have a problem with say the scanner, then while it is away being fixed the printer is too. I like the print quality of HP printers but I wouldn't have one of their scanners. I had one and the bulb went after I had it for 6 months I was told that a replacement bulb would cost as much as a new scanner so we went back to Mustek.

Besides I have ham software on my Palm PDA that wouldn't transfer. Nor would a few other diabetes specific software programs.

One Country Boy
02-17-2009, 07:33 PM
I understand Dan.... I'm reluntant to change. I think that comes with age. We have an hp scanner, copier and color printer. We've had it about 6 years and srill working. It's the psc 750. I don't think they make it any longer. It does a good job.