PDA

View Full Version : Weather Radio Deal

Radio
02-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Kroger grocery stores in the Atlanta area (and possibly in other markets) have a neat little Midland Weather Radio for $29. This is in conjunction with "severe weather month" in Georgia.

Last time they did this there was about 100 in each store piled on a "card table" near the front of the store.

K3NOQ/Mobile
02-21-2009, 08:02 PM
H E B grocery stores here in Texas do the same thing. It is a great radio, easily programmed, and will run on 12 volt direct, or a wall wart. I have two, one by the Ham Radio in the front room and one in the Bedroom, both on 12 volts. Mine "Alerted" last week for severe thunderstorm warnings, 25 minutes later storm hit and tore up the CG. No damage here though, I had my radio! Several people commented they had the radio, but it was no turned On???? You can download all the State SAME codes at the NOAA site. I program mine everynight we are in the Motorhome, where-ever we are. John/ Canyon Lake, Republic of Texas....

One Country Boy
02-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Good information. I saw those at WalMarts in Panama City last week for the same price. Nice monitors.