PDA

View Full Version : A $2 fix for tumbling Dinette Chairs

Radio
02-28-2009, 05:12 PM
The first week we had our Rockwood 8280SS 5th wheel, we had the hardest time preventing the dinette chairs from falling over and traveling about the inside of the trailer. Have a ding in the front of our oven to prove it.

The trailer came with a strap to buckle the chairs snug up against the table leg. (it has a center post, only) But since the chair legs have no rungs, if the strap loosens the slightest bit, the chair can wiggle free and fall over.

My $2 solution was 4 large cup hooks from the hardware store. Attach them to the chair legs closest to the table pedestal, about 2" down from the top of the leg and under the chair seat. They keep the strap from sliding down the legs and working loose.

You will need to drill pilot holes, the wood is quite hard!

wa8yxm
02-28-2009, 07:47 PM
WOW, an elegant solution to a problem. I might have used "L" hooks though (they look like a letter L)

ON my Damon the chairs LOCK to the table rather tightly, I"ve never had one come loose.. so far..

One Country Boy
03-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Neat idea Wade. Ours secure similarly but have not had a problem with them coming loose. Ours sure are a pain in the royal patootie to get strapped down though. Just a tight place to get into and I'm not as limber as I once was.;)