PDA

View Full Version : Opp, AL - Frank Jackson State Park

One Country Boy
04-06-2009, 06:11 AM
Frank Jackson State Park (http://www.alapark.com/FrankJackson/)at Opp, Alabama is not a large park but very nice. Most of the sites are waterfront and all have great views. Ammenities include full hookups with Cable TV and WiFi. It rained during most of our visit but we enjoyed the stay and want to return when the weather is better.

Andy N1ORK
04-06-2009, 06:34 AM
Nice pics Jim, I bet that SP fills up fast in the good WX. Are those your kayaks next to the unit?
Andy - n1ork

One Country Boy
04-06-2009, 07:58 AM
Nice pics Jim, I bet that SP fills up fast in the good WX. Are those your kayaks next to the unit?
Andy - n1ork

The Rangers say it is full every weekend. One nice thing about it Andy, they do not allow water skiing or personal watercraft on the lake. In other words, it's for fishing and peace and quiet. Good eye there Andy, you spotted the kayaks !! No, those were not ours. They belonged to a couple from Michigan. They were spending their winter in the south and had been at the park for several weeks. They said it was still too cold to return home.

jagco
04-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Looks like my kind of place. Peace and quiet and fishing :)
Wish the SP's around here had cable and WiFi, for the rainy days.

One Country Boy
04-07-2009, 06:59 AM
Looks like my kind of place. Peace and quiet and fishing :)
Wish the SP's around here had cable and WiFi, for the rainy days.

They had very good cable Jeff, probably 60+ channels. One of the rangers said that all the parks in Alabama will have wifi before long. Everything is going wireless.

Jim

KC1BUD
04-07-2009, 11:38 AM
The Rangers say it is full every weekend. One nice thing about it Andy, they do not allow water skiing or personal watercraft on the lake. In other words, it's for fishing and peace and quiet. Good eye there Andy, you spotted the kayaks !! No, those were not ours. They belonged to a couple from Michigan. They were spending their winter in the south and had been at the park for several weeks. They said it was still too cold to return home.

That is because they know we got 6 inches of snow yeaterday. :eek: :bigcry: