PDA

View Full Version : New PSK31 operation

TXiceman
07-08-2009, 07:07 AM
This past weekend I got my FT897D set up and made my first PESKY contact to Cuba and then another in the Caribbean. Using Ham Radio Deluxe and DM780 with a little box called an Ascot to connect the computer and radio. Operated at 20 watts and no problems. Also connected with some stations in the NE US. Was on 20 m when it was pretty much dead otherwise.:radio:

Ken

wa8yxm
07-08-2009, 08:33 AM
20 Meters PSK has been hot lately.. I find my Digipan multi window filling up (And it's 26 lines long) often as not.. Got as high as "Q" for sure (It is alphabetical for those who don't know) and I think higher.

Made many contacts, 20-30 watts into a 4BTV bolted to the bicycle carrier. Neat no-holes mount.

wa8yxm
12-22-2009, 08:34 AM
I just got Ham Radio Delux and DM780 (I think) installed here, In addtion to PSK it does a whole bunch of other modes including SSTV... Kind of interesting watching folks on SSTV (I'm not set up to transmit yet, simply don't have anything in the computer to transmit...... Yet.

Andy N1ORK
12-22-2009, 11:25 AM
All you should need to xmit is a sound card and an adapter for the PTT circuit and audio out.

wa8yxm
12-23-2009, 09:04 AM
The sound card I have.. The adapter I built. WHat I don't have is a graphic to transmit on SSTV,, And I've got that somewhere.. I'm still loking for where I stuffed it.. I think It is on the external hard drive in the shack though so if it is I'll find it this evening.

NOTE: hardware wise all I need is what I use for PSK-31

On Edit: Opened the archive of my other laptop today (the computer is in the shop, the hard disk, and it's back up, in the motor home) and found the graphic I was looking for.. Also found a few more features of Ham Radio Delux..

I now have it interfaced with YP-log and it can call up Hamscope, though I do not yet know if they are compatable as they both need to access the same port..... I got to build a printer port PTT for Hamscope one of these days. (Just need the plug, got everythign else, got a plug too but... some distance from where I'm parked)

Mr. Ham
08-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Ham Radio Deluxe is garbage...
It does most everything, it just doesn't do it very well.

Try using FlDigi - that will allow you all digital sound modes..
Allows you to take FlDigi messages in the proper format.

I have used Digipan in the past along with some other free digital programs including N1MM logger...