PDA

View Full Version : Nowhere else to put it, so...

Radio
08-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Having nowhere else to keep my 5th wheel hitch while the truck was in use during major renovations of my mothers house...I just left it hanging on the front of the trailer. Anybody else do this?

Sure was easy to get out...we'll see about getting it back in the truck!

KF5BET
08-26-2009, 11:53 PM
I've seen it done, but I usually just pull it and set it in the garage.

Galen

Radio
08-27-2009, 12:23 PM
My garage is full of junk. No room in there. And I just can't imagine trying to pick that thing up.

I just can't run the riding mower under there anymore. OUCH! That would raise a knot for sure! :crutch:

N4MU Papi
08-02-2015, 01:49 PM
thought about it once and decided I wasn't accurate enough to re hook it on the rails without unhooking it anyway. Maybe one of those air force guys who do in flight refueling could help you though. 73

Radio
08-02-2015, 06:39 PM
I have found now through much experience that I can get the rails into position under the hitch to within an inch or two. Then I lower the trailer until the hitch is resting on the rails. Release the hitch and pull the truck away. Crawl up into the bed and give the hitch a shove or two and it drops into place.

NN5I
08-02-2015, 07:14 PM
Why bother lining it up "within a inch or two"? I'd just drop it in the bed anywhere -- anywhere there are no toes or fingers anyway. You've got to skid it around regardless, which you apparently can do.

See, you shoulda got a diesel motor home instead. You know, a Newell or Prevost or such.

Radio
08-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Why bother lining it up "within a inch or two"? I'd just drop it in the bed anywhere -- anywhere there are no toes or fingers anyway. You've got to skid it around regardless, which you apparently can do.

Gravity.

You want to drop it on top of the rails because if you don't you'll have to pick it up and put it on top of the rails.

And it's really heavy.

NN5I
08-02-2015, 08:47 PM
And it's really heavy.

Surely there's a Gold's Gym or an Anytime Fitness where you live.

TXiceman
08-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Mine stays in the bed of the truck. It is a Trailer Saver TS3 and weights a bit over 400# and does not easily come apart.

Ken

Radio
08-04-2015, 06:22 PM
Did anyone notice the dandy little dual band mag mount with the no holes install?

No where else to put that, either.

N3LYT
08-05-2015, 09:01 AM
Surely there's a Gold's Gym or an Anytime Fitness where you live.

No need for a gym just wrestle a 5th wheel once a day.