PDA

View Full Version : Wb5jaz

jim
07-27-2010, 09:03 PM
i have been a ham sense 68 or 69. did the liscening for a 2m repeater in Lake Charles (when they liscened them WR5ALG). have been mostly inactive for the past 20 years.

seems my interest are more in getting it to work than talking on it.

I still have my Heathkit equipment and threaten to put it back on the air...just have to get a few things done first.

Now that i am retired (from an oil refinery), when time permits, i like to take the travel trailer out. found this forum thru a link by Radioman on the forest river group site

WD8QBQ
07-27-2010, 09:22 PM
.:whistle:

WD8QBQ
07-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Jim, nice to have someone new around. :welcome:

I live in my bus and I would rather talk. Still working toward that end though but soon. My installation is almost done.

Where will you be camping?

JIM

Radio
07-28-2010, 10:16 AM
seems my interest are more in getting it to work than talking on it.

I still have my Heathkit equipment and threaten to put it back on the air...

Welcome to ORR.net :welcome:

I'm the same way about some things, I have a fully restored MGB sitting in the garage. I never drive it anymore. Rebuilding it was way more fun than driving it.

I still have my HW-101. I crank it up now and then just to prove it works.

I like to take the 5'er out to an island and put it on the air under IOTA and USIslands.

Again, welcome to ORR.net.

KC1BUD
07-28-2010, 02:06 PM
;)
Now that i am retired (from an oil refinery), when time permits, i like to take the travel trailer out. found this forum thru a link by Radioman on the forest river group site

Jim

Welcome! Ain't it great, almost all of us retires seem to have less time than before we retired. :whistle: ;)

KF5BET
07-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Welcome aboard Jim...We live just down the road a bit from you (Lafayette). Not retired but still way too busy...(I have two girls at home!!!)

We have camped at Sam Houston and liked it. Haven't been to South Toledo Bend yet, but everybody says it's really nice. We go to Chicot quite a bit since it is fairly close to us.

I am a fairly new ham but I love reading and expirementing (been that way all my life!).

Again, welcome aboard and maybe we will cross paths down here somewhere.

Galen
KF5BET

KF5F
07-31-2010, 12:35 PM
Welcome Jim, Poche,s in Breaux Bridge is nice too, but a long haul from northern Arkansas.

Dizzy-Dick
08-03-2010, 09:17 AM
Welcome Jim,

I, too, still have my HW-101 and it still does a good job. My Hw-202 went away.

I just live a little west of you in Cut and Shoot, TX. I used to go over east to Orange when they had their ham-fest there.

Enjoy your retirement, there is a lot of country to see and a lot of people to meet in this great land of our.

One Country Boy
08-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Welcome aboard Jim, I'm a little late responding but good to have you. I'm in the Florida panhandle, near Panama City.