PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Williamsburg, VA!

W4MBG
12-10-2010, 07:01 PM
Hi everybody! Old ham, new RVer here. Bought a 1999 29' Winnebago Minnie from the father of a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago. 44000 miles on a Ford Triton V10, new tires and awning, one-year-old batteries. A bit of wind/rain damage to the sides of the cabover, but other than that, darn near new looking.

I am planning to mount an Icom 2M/440 rig on the dash, above the stereo. The faceplate will velcro in place, and the power end will go under the seat. Not sure where to put the dual-band NMO antenna. Possibly a bracket in the left front corner of the hood. For HF, I will mount my Ten-Tec Argo QRP rig in a small rack, along with my LDG antenna tuner and a digital audio filter. There is a desk in the bedroom at the back, with a window. I can stash the whole thing in the closet or under the bed while under way. I have a home-made mast and several Hustler coils to match the plug-ins for the Argo. I will mount the mast on the rear ladder, either fold-over and lock or quick-release for traveling.

Pics eventually!

73 de W4MBG!

ke5zru
12-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Howdy from Amarillo, Texas!

Can't wait to see your photos!

73!

W4MBG
12-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Here's a shot of the "good" side. Not much to see, just a stock Minnie. So far...

KE5ZRT
12-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Howdy, and welcome to ORR! The folks around here seem friendly and have answered many questions for me.

W4MBG
12-14-2010, 08:40 AM
i cant imagine the combination of RV and amateur radio producing anything less than a very friendly group of people.

One Country Boy
12-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Hello W4MBG,

Nice looking RV. This is a good bunch of folks. Things are sort of slow right now. I've not been real active until recently. Welcome to ORR. Glad to have you. I looked up the call on QRZ and it related to me that your call had expired. You may wish to check that. I assume from the info there that the name is Andy. There's another Andy on here but we won't hold that against you.:whistle:

I'm Jim and I'm located about 25 miles east of Panama City, FL., in the panhandle.

Welcome once again.

KF5BET
12-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Hope to hear from you often. Great bunch here!

Nice looking rig ya got there (motorhome's not bad either hihi).

Galen

W4MBG
12-30-2010, 08:21 PM
yep, Andy's the handle, and yep, the call is expired. i found that out the other day. gotta do something about that soon.

as for the rig, i am still working on the audio/video system that is going into the MH. nothing will remain inside when not on the road. besides, most of the gear is being taken from the house for rv use, and the DW likes the idea of saving $$$ by double-dutying (new word) stuff.

thanks for the kind words guys, hope to seeya on the radio someday.

73 de W4MBG!