Fridge...go
Batteries...go
Holding tanks...go
Tires...go
Housekeeping....go

All we need now is an excuse.

W9WLS
03-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Get Real Wade, since when do you need an excuse to go camping !
The weather is getting "MO-BETTA" in Georgia (been watching) and we will be coming down to Macon, leaving here evening of April 5 (I hope) and should be rolling through ATL between 03:00- 04:00 if I can keep the DW and "2nd Lt. Fuzzbutt" (the cat) asleep and make some miles, will be "infesting" the Macon area for the rest of the month (lotsa Yankee BS to spread around) .
The only thing holding us here now is some banking changes and Southern Indiana Weather (spring roller-coster thing) so that we feel safe about leaving the stick house un-heated for a month ( have seen "BLIZZARD condx here at Easter).
Maybe Catch you on a repeater somewhere while "in-country".

KF5BET
03-13-2011, 01:12 PM
we are almost ready...

Got a new circuit board for the fridge that has to be installed and this afternoon found that my T&P valve on the hot water tank is dripping (not bad, but enough for me to contemplate changing it). After those things are done, we will be ready for our next trip.

KF5BET
03-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Hey....What about the radio check?????

wa8yxm
03-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Ok, here is an excuse: Fuel tank full. LETs GO

Radio
03-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Hey....What about the radio check?????

Oh dear and alas...I think the on-board installed VHF/UHF is in need of a mic, and possibly an entire new radio. Thus, radio is a no-go.

:violin2:

Anybody got a mic for a Kenwood TM-V7A, TM-261, TM-V71A ?? There was a long while there where all Kenwood VHF/UHF had the same mic.

Radio
03-13-2011, 04:06 PM
But ebay is a wonderful thing. Found an aftermarket/knockoff mic for $22 including shipping. Should be here in a week or so.

:bigmic:

KE5ZRT
03-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Enjoy your travels, and give us a holler if you pass through Amarillo!

KE5ZRT
03-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Enjoy your travels, and give us a holler if you pass through Amarillo!

WD8QBQ
03-14-2011, 09:26 AM
Use the search for a mic. as an excuse to pull out. Head for a Ham Fest in a warm climate.

JIM:poke:

KC1BUD
03-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Let's see here....

Water systems...go
LP systems...go
Air conditioning...go
Fridge...go
Batteries...go
Holding tanks...go
Tires...go
Housekeeping....go

All we need now is an excuse.

I was going to say there is only one thing to say GO!Enjoy. ;)

Radio
03-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Now I've really got the itch. I just ordered $100 worth of stuff from Camping World...external water filter, new water pressure regulator w/gauge and some stabilizer jacks.

I might create a new forum "Product Review" to post about such stuff. What do ya'll think?

KC1BUD
03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Mine is still in storage, I can't wait. I did get a new grill for the stick built and got it assembled and used it yesterday. http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/3D%20Smileys/3D%20Everyday%20Smileys/make%20a%20grill.gif

Radio
04-20-2011, 06:02 PM
But ebay is a wonderful thing. Found an aftermarket/knockoff mic for $22 including shipping. Should be here in a week or so.

:bigmic:

Well, the knock-off mic arrived right about on time and besides being a bit "hot" picking up background noises and tending to over-modulate, it works fine. Plugs right in. No problem.

And now the radio is a "go" for next weekends short trip to Indian Springs State Park. This is the first time we have been out in about 9 months or more, due to my employment situation.

I'm chompin' at the bit. :jitter: I stopped by the store and started stocking up the trailer for the "season" which might only be 3 or 4 trips.

One Country Boy
04-21-2011, 08:33 PM
Good for you Wade. Glad you are about to make a trip out camping. We're in or near Milton, FL right now, a few miles east of Pensacola. I had a doctor's appointment in Pensacola yesterday with an ortohopedic surgeon, so we came over the day before so we would not have to get up so early to make the 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive here. We're going to head back in the direction of home tomorrow, possibly stopping off somewhere else for 2, 3 or 4 days.

We made a trip down to Camping World yesterday on Navarre Beach and like you spent about $100. That's getting off light when you go to Camping World.;)

W9WLS
04-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Been on site here in Macon in the MH for about 10 days now, great wx and having a great time visiting the kids.
MH weathered the winter well , put up a Sloper and the FT-450 is doing a great job, the Shakespear AS-1011 Vert. is doing a good job as well .
Hope Ya'll get on the road soon.
73, John

One Country Boy
04-23-2011, 08:44 AM
How long do you plan to be in Macon John and where might you be going from there?

We just returned from over around Pensacola (actually Milton, FL) yesterday and we are planning to go up toward north Alabama next week. I may take a side trip to Mississippi to get MFJ to repair a tuner for me if at all possible.

Maybe while you are in Macon we can make contact via 40 meters?

Radio
04-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Washed the camper (again) yesterday. That's twice this spring and I haven't even moved the thing. It surprises me the dirt it collects just sitting in the yard, free and clear of any trees.

So the hitch is back in the truck and today I'm vacuuming out the heat ducts. Laid in a few more supplies. Only working 4 days next week but it sure will seem like a long time.

Hopefully Sweet Wife will get over the bronchitis she picked up this week. :sick:

W9WLS
04-25-2011, 05:58 AM
How long do you plan to be in Macon John and where might you be going from there?

We just returned from over around Pensacola (actually Milton, FL) yesterday and we are planning to go up toward north Alabama next week. I may take a side trip to Mississippi to get MFJ to repair a tuner for me if at all possible.

Maybe while you are in Macon we can make contact via 40 meters?

Jim: Will be here till the10th or 12 th of May, will be riding with my son quite a bit on his job but have taken and will take a few day's off for house hunting.
With gas prices the way they are we will be leaving the MH here and going back to Ind. in the truck (got a little flood bamage to look into).
Air time is catch as catch can but if at the MH I usully check in to SCARS in the mornings , other wise can be found on 7230 .
When with the son we don't get home till 18:00 or there abouts and 40 is going long by then.

73, John

Radio
04-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Hopefully Sweet Wife will get over the bronchitis she picked up this week. :sick:

Sweet Wife is feeling a bit better, and has been given all day Friday off by her principal. :cheer: I'm resisting whatever bug she has fairly well. Friday is coming, and we'll leave home before the sun gets too high in the sky.

Since we are usually both up by 5 am, why not just keep to the schedule??

Radio
04-28-2011, 06:29 PM
The rig is hitched and loaded, everybody is feeling great, and we pull out in the morning. All we need is a bag of ice!

Yeah it's just a weekend trip but boy it's nice to finally get away!!

:camp:

TXiceman
05-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Capt,.Wade....permission to cast off.

We got 3 new axles under the trailer and had it out 3 times so far.

re mounted the HF antenna on the truck so we are ready to roll as well.

Ken

Radio
05-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Permission granted. Standby to cast off lines.

Engines ahead slow. (at first!)