PDA

View Full Version : The "Mens Mall" ultimate male only shopping center

Radio
05-15-2011, 12:29 PM
There is a new Northern Tool and Hydraulic store opening in my hometown and all the "real men" in town are abuzz about it. :jitter: The conversations going on Facebook; all the guys are raving about it and all their wives are swearing they'll not let the husbands go in there, some never at all and some have to leave their wallets at home and take only a small, pre-allocated wad of cash...like a kid in a candy store.

Which got me thinking, what if there was a shopping mall just for men? Just for us guys and what WE like. What kind of stores would be in there?

How about a Cabella's at one end, Bass Pro Shop at the other, and a Camping World in the middle.

For discussion: What other stores would we have in there for the ultimate testosterone driven shopping mall experience?

W5DOK
05-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Harley shop, Academy, Tractor Supply, John Deere store, Ham Radio Outlet, Ace Hardware.

W9WLS
05-16-2011, 06:21 AM
If you have Tractor Supply and / or Rural King, you don't need "ACE" (I've found them to be a bit over-priced), throw in Lowes or Home Depot.
Throw in Harbor Freight, Northern Tool and Sears for a "SUPER MALL".
And don't forget "HOOTERS" for that much needed break from shopping !

Radio
05-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Need several kinds of barber shop. Tell the wife "Honey, I'm going for a haircut..."

In the middle of the place is a stocked catfish pond, indoor, year round, farm raised.

Outside are the Camping World RV's, a long row of truck dealers and a boat store. And all those John Deere tractors. (Real tractors, not lawn mowers, the mowers are inside)

There's a Weber Grill Store and Restaurant for those who promised Honey to stay out of Hooters.

wa8yxm
05-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Harbor Freight, Northen Tool and Supply, I can't think of the other one.. All the hardware companies of course,, not just ACE/ACO type stores but Rockwell, Black * Decker, Robi, Dewalt type company stores..

What ws the name of Tim Taylor's sponsor on Tool Time.. They'd be there.. In fact Tim himself would be there.

Radio
05-16-2011, 05:40 PM
"Tim Taylor" would cut the ribbon on the place!

KC1BUD
05-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Harbor Freight, Northen Tool and Supply, I can't think of the other one.. All the hardware companies of course,, not just ACE/ACO type stores but Rockwell, Black * Decker, Robi, Dewalt type company stores..

What ws the name of Tim Taylor's sponsor on Tool Time.. They'd be there.. In fact Tim himself would be there.

Binford tools!!:jitter: What did I win!!! :bigclap:

My store no longer exists. It is the old fashion style hardware store. We still had one here back a few years ago. If I needed something not found in the stores listed above, they would always have it.

Andy N1ORK
05-23-2011, 07:41 PM
I have a Binford Tools T-shirt....So, the question of the day is what was the saying in the back of the shirt?

TXiceman
05-25-2011, 01:27 PM
It has to have liquid refreshment store next to the stocked pond and at least a pistol range.

W9WLS
05-25-2011, 02:12 PM
"MORE POWER" (or at least it should be) .

Radio
05-25-2011, 04:08 PM
and a NASCAR collectable store...

KF5BET
06-05-2011, 08:55 AM
I LOVE this thread...Where is this magical place that you speak of. I will be relocationg there!

Radio
06-05-2011, 12:44 PM
I LOVE this thread...Where is this magical place that you speak of. I will be relocationg there!

Right now, only in our fertile imaginations.

I thought of one more...A Rodale Publishing bookstore. You've probably never heard of them, but they do a lot of mail order and book club stuff. All about gardening, making and building stuff, building your own house and barns, all kinds of stuff. :book: I have collected a bunch of their books over the years.

I guess NAPA and/or AutoZone and places like that would want a presence, too. I could see going for a gallon of anti-freeze and coming back with a new trolling motor. And the anti-freeze, of course. :whistle: