PDA

View Full Version : On the air

W5DOK
07-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Well, I finally got my Tarheel 200 mounted to the ladder on the back of the motor home. Only took me a week to get it done. Something to do with the fish biting and calling me down to the river. Managed to make a few contacts before the lightening noise got so bad I had to turn it off and unplug. The rv park here at Southfork is in a valley completely surrounded by mountains, so I was pretty happy just to get out. The match still isn't perfect, so I've still got a little tweaking to do. Probably not getting a good enough ground. That's one of those projects I'll get to when the fish quit biting. 20 and 10 work good, so that'll do for now.

Doc

Andy N1ORK
07-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I don't know Doc,........fishing???????????...........Hamming?? ?????????..........It's a toughie alright. But I guess someone has to deal with it. Hi Hi
Don't forget to post pics.

wa8yxm
07-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Well, a Good day fishing means DINNER IS SERVED
A good day hamming: You have to buy dinner
and a bad day at either one of them.......

Beats a good day at work! (With very few exceptions)

(Example of exception: A ham I know is the office manager in a Military communications office with a giant log-peridoic antenna that can cover 80meters all the way to VHF.. A good day at work may well include some rare DX)

Radio
07-15-2011, 04:43 PM
When I'm out I usually have to choose between Hamming, eating or sleeping.

If the sunspots don't come back I may get fat for the first time in my life.:rabbit:

Oldmax
11-23-2011, 06:32 AM
I was there in 03 stayed about a week. Don't see how you can get a any thing out of that hole but good luck anyway. If the fishing is good you can radio later.