View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
w7wv

Yes I will tow a car, a new 2008 Corolla I just picked up. Good MPG for touring and the price was right with the new 2009s coming out 2/5.
I put the antenna high up above the driver's door. Too high to use going down the road on HF for the most part as I will have to tie it down due to the height.
I did have to return the FT-897D. It had a rather strange problem with the meter indications. After programming my radio for tuner control the meter would not show ALC or Power Output levels on the UHF and VHF bands only. All other bands were normal.
The funny thing is that the radio still transmitted just fine. Just the meters stopped working after the tuner was set up.
Called Yaesu and they thought it was the microprocessor. They said just return it to the selling dealer with the details. The replacement will be here 2/5.
Of all the new rigs I have ever purchased this is the first that ever had a problem. By the way got great support from both Yaesu Technical and Ham City on this issue with very quick turn around on the swap out.
w7wv is offline   Reply With Quote