View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #6
N7OQ

I always try to get to know the camp hosts because most can give you a lot of great info about other campgrounds and what to avoid. Some of our Federal campgrounds are hosted by a company that assigns people to different campgrounds and manages the supplies and pays the hosts. This has not been the best deal for the public, at a popular campground here the Host was doing favors for his friends. The host was in a first come first serve campground and he was reserving sites for his friends and allowing some to almost live there. One guy who was living next to the host was dumping his gray water into a gopher hole.

I had gotten a lake side site and a friend was moving into the site next to us when the host told him that site was reserved, well my friend told him that this is a first come first serve federal campground and he was the first there so tell your friend to find his own site when he gets there, have a nice day. The host also tried to reserve the site next to my friend also by putting a blank ticket on the site post so my friend took it down and told the first camper who came by that the site was open and he took it. Complaints about this guy to the Company who assigned him did no good but complaints to the US forest service must have because he and all his friends were gone and a really nice Man and wife were hosting it after that.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote