Thread: Kg6wou
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 12:59 AM   #13
Manual Garcia O'Kely

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7OQ View Post
I also have the Buddipole so was curious how you liked yours, I agree it is pricy but very well made. I had a lot of problems at first with it, I used it first time on field day last summer. I setup according to the chart and my SWR was bad I trimmed it until I got what the meter said was a good SWR but no one could hear me. The whole day was a disaster had so many problems. This is way you should test everything before field day.

The next camping trip I brought my new MFJ269 antenna analyzer and found out that I was getting too much RF coming back down the coax. I tried some clip on RF chokes but still had the problem I then coiled half the coax and vola the RF was gone and now the antenna tuned per the chart and now people were hearing me.

While at the Pacificon Hamfest I bought the long whips and find it works much better with these whips. I also get more band width. When I get time I want to set it up and get a reading with a field strength meter then set it up with the whips no coils and us my antenna tuner (AH4) and see what the differance in readings would be. I would like to be able to change bands without changing coil taps.
Well, I've not used mine all that many times yet, but I just got the low band coils, long whips and the TRSB. I use a Z-11Pro autotuner with it.

Well, my good new is that we leave to pick up the new rig April 14th.

The bad news is that the tow vehicle just had to have a new clutch. $1,000. Damn. That on top of a tuneup and a trailer hitch.
Manual Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote