Thread: Financial OUCH
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 04:56 AM   #1
wa8yxm

Send a message via AIM to wa8yxm Send a message via Yahoo to wa8yxm Send a message via Skype™ to wa8yxm
Default Financial OUCH

25th of last month I packed up the motor home, hooked up the towed, started the old 8.1L vortec and it begged for oil.. Added some, took off,,,,, and about 100 miles later BOOM.. threw a rod.. Seems this thing went through 5 quarts (roughly) of oil in about 300 miles. (Usually 1 in 2,000 only if in the mountains).

Still do not know what happeend but looks like 10 grand to replace it....

That is the bad news

The good news is I got towed back to Cathead Creek Ranch RV park where the owner says I can stay for years if I have to.. and I have some other bills (No nearly that big) that either just shrank or which go POOF very very soon.

So, it's doable.. But for now I'm no longer "Mobile"

And if I got to park for an extended period.... Well, not many places are more to my liking than this one.

Only problem is I can only use my shorter long wire...

And then there is my TS-2000 (Kenwood) yesterday for some reason when I transmit I'm only getting about half (or less) power.. Meter shows ALC/AGC is peaking, Normally this happens if the antenna is out of resonance but the SWR meter is showing like 1.x to 1 (just a segment or two) I am thinking RF getting back into the mic, but will have to work on it later.
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote