View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #14
electricflyer

Reading about the eclipse on other forums it seems camp sites are filling fast and some already full. There is a large group of FROGs (Forest River Owners Group) that are getting together in Gatlinburg TN. Some have remarked that there is limited sites in Oregon. I would imagine it would not be crowded in Western Nebraska to watch. There are some counties out there with only one community in them, I would say town but some of them may not even qualify as a town. My parents used to have good friends that had a 4,000 acre ranch near Dunning, NE and they not only owned a ranch but most of the business buildings in Dunning. You may need to do some boondocking to watch it there. Possibly in the Halsey National Forest. Looking at the eclipse map it would be right on the northern fringe. Grand Island would be great, get a room at the Holiday inn, used to stay there often. I remember reading about a child birth in a county that was the first one in over 35 years, that was because there was no hospital in the county and a lady went into labor and had a baby before the could make it to a hospital.

I got a reply on the Forest River Forum about past eclipses and a link to check on them. I remembered a total eclipse a long time ago and the link gave me a possible time, of June 30, 1954. I remember using a indirect sighting of it by putting a pin hole in a piece of paper and then shining the eclipse through it on another piece of paper. There will be an eclipse in a little over 4 days but it will be in the Southern Hemisphere, on the southern tip of SA and Africa.

Wade and I have reservations at Lake Hartwell State Park in SC. Come join us if it isn't already full.

Here is the link for the time chart of solar eclipses.
https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/...960&type=solar Solar Eclipse time chart
2014 Palomino Puma 25RL - TV 2011 F-150 SuperCrew 5.0
electricflyer is offline   Reply With Quote