Thread: Astronomy
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #2
N7OQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
I've got a couple of scopes but no heating strips to control dew. I'm still a newb at the whole star gazing thing.
I'm and amateur too but really enjoy Astronomy. My scope is a 8" Celestron C8 not the best mount for Astrophotography but I try. I built a CCD camera it was very popular camera called a cookbook 245, just a black and white camera with a TEC cooled CCD chip. Had a lot of fun using it even if my stars were not round due to tracking. I then bought a Meade ccd but found out that my Canon digital Rebel took a much better picture. I now use the Meade ccd on a smaller scope mounted on the larger scope with the Canon on it. The Meade auto guides the larger scope and I get much better pictures now. The Meade CCD comes with software that is written to be used with the Meade lx200 scope so I made a interface that takes the LX200 command and converters them into commands that my scope can use. I did this with a Pic chip and it works great. I really love to build electronic projects and program pic chips. I get my best pictures while camping in the mountains.
Licensed in 1978 ex N7AFX, DA1VW, KK6GR
N7OQ is offline   Reply With Quote