View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #2
W7JZE
RV in 2016

Morning Wade,

Beautiful post. I came across ORR earlier this year from a recommendation by someone (one of y'all, but who?) in a QRZ thread. You are dead-on about me having a vicarious RV'ing experience through this website. And, with retirement looming less than two years away, and a hope of spending 4 months a year (June - Sept) on the road each year, one of the unconscious items I guess I was evaluating was the overall demeanor of the RV'ing / Amateur Radio group.

I know a tiny little bit about Amateur Radio. I know nothing about RV'ing and less about how Amateur Radio might fit into the RVing experience.

The purchase of a Motor Home for us in 2016 will be a large part of our retirement savings. A decision that I would like to make once, and make correctly. ORR has been very important and very helpful preparing us for that decision and for this new life adventure.

The ORR community has been a welcoming, helpful community to me. Especially by answering my very naïve questions about RVing, "toads" , RV Amateur Radio antennas, safety issues, and the list goes on.

Count me Wade, as at least one of the folks who wandered into your ORR congregation, saw something he liked and decided to come back daily.

You are doing good work here. The ORR community is delightful. I see the friendly, helpful way the posts are written and admire the lack of vitriol seen in so many other forum communities. I also enjoy the forum learning experience of how to get along with, and be helpful to, other members of the ORR community without the display of ego.

I hope you continue to find the long term enthusiasm, time, funds and dedication to keep ORR operating on into the future.

Ya' done good pilgrim . I thank you for keeping ORR "on-the-air".

Bill - W7JZE
"Dar" - XYL
(And our little Bichon Frisé "Sparkle")
W7JZE is offline   Reply With Quote